No announcement yet.

Dark Devil Auto from sweet seeds not turning purple-ish red

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    SOIL Dark Devil Auto from sweet seeds not turning purple-ish red

    Dark Devil Auto by sweet seeds is supposed to have an eye catching reddish blackish purplish hue to its buds, but mine still appears to be green. Is it due to heat ranging or do I just need to give it more time? She is 43 days from seed and I believe she’s a 63 day from seed plant. My critical purple kush plant also turned out entirely green.

    I’m an indoor grower, my current temps never go above 85 but my ventilation and air circulation aren’t very good at all since I have no way to attach a duct (maybe next year I’ll move my bed and put a grow tent in the window instead to be able to use a duct from my ac unit instead.

    Using fox farm ocean forest soil and watering with distilled water and Dyna bloom Nutes once a week. No known deficiencies or problems. Growing with viparspectra LEDs.

    TL;DR: What can I do to help my plant get the reddish purple color it’s strain name is famous for? All I really seem to lack is circulation and I’ve found a way to improve that but it would probably be on the next grow or after.
    Attached Files

    I've grown a few of those DDevils, autos from SweetSeeds, some turned dark some didn't.
    2 off the showed colors starting about 3third week, one was damn near black, come harvest.
    I think you got one of the green ones or maybe it'll show up later, but I doubt it.
    Good smokin medicine though.
    I grew 3 RedPoison from SweetSeeds an none of them turned red, but my buddy on here Doubledealing72 grew one of the prettiest plants I ever seen. Beautiful,
    SweetSeeds did send me a bunch of free auto seeds , being mine didn't turn red, that was mighty nice of them.
    You can't hold them to that timetable, SweetSeeds are slow finishers, imo.
    Maybe by day 90.
    I think the use from the start of flowering, for their timetable, not sure about that though.
    GoodLuck with yours.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots


    • Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      They sure were pretty! I see people beat me to the answer, but yes, some of the purple strains have seeds that do end up having green buds. One of the purple strains I grew stated online it was an 80% chance of being purple and 20% chance of being green.

      I just grew a purple Lemonade that didnt get purple until almost the end. I was surprised to see how purple it became because of how green it was for most of the grow.

    • Stahlherz420
      Stahlherz420 commented
      Editing a comment
      when you say you saw some colors by the 2nd or 3rd week, did you mean 2nd or 3rd week from seed or from the time you saw pistils? It’s been about a week and a half since I first noticed the pistils.

      And yeah I figured it was much too short to make the 63 day cut, so I was just going to judge by the pistils and trichomes. What would you say is the fastest growing autoflower?

    • D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Stahlherz420 mine started turning early, before pistils, this one was almost black at harvest, stems an everything, had a wonderful smell.
      The fast auto I ever grew to maturity, was WhiteMoscow from New420Guy Seeds,
      Day 60, the other WMoscows were fast too, they were all ready by day70.

    Sounds like phenotypic variation. The breeders might have been able to work the line a little more to create consistent expressions of that trait.


      Purps, pinks and reds usually express themselves in lower temps so i think your temps are too high. Here is a link that talks about purps.


      • D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cooler temps ,weather does help with colors sometimes.
        I grew my DDevils in the summer, an they turned a real pretty colors,
        Depends on which pheno you get from SweetSeeds, I reckon, some mine did some didnt.

      • Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats good to know D.A.A.S.69 . I re-read the article on the main site and guess i missed that the first time i read it.

      • Stahlherz420
        Stahlherz420 commented
        Editing a comment
        My current temps never go above 75 since I got the ac fixed. My last grow with critical purple kush did suffer from being all green, but that was back when it could get up to 92 degrees in the living room, and even higher in the closet.

    Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

    Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!