Under watered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Under watered?

In fear of over watering I think I've under watered.
    The plant seemed to be doing fine, flowered and now most of the leaves are yellow and crispy.

I havn't been watering til run off, I belive this was my issue.
    It's been like this for about 3 week so it's not dead.
    got tricomes.
    (I'm aware towards the end some bottom leaves will do this, but more than expected)

Any advice?

I'll upload a photo

Coco you do want to get run-off. Checking the PH and ppm of the run-off is actually beneficial and informative with a coco grow.

Coco can handle a ton of water, it should always be kept wet and not allowed to dry between waterings. On mature plants, everyday or every other day is common for watering.

Photo will help with further diagnosis.

Comment

Photos.
      Turned off grow light to get a better photo
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, the root zone is pissed off. When coco gets dry it throws off the balance of EC and related PH, this is why its best to keep coco always wet, not to be confused with drowning.

It always struck me as odd but some deficiencies can show themselves as burned leaves. Phosphorus is one of them. Those leaves aren't going to recover but the best foot forward is to manage the PH issue and then continue with regular feeding.

The plants aren't dead and you should be able to get them to harvest, but the normal harvest date will be delayed a few weeks most likely. Check your trichomes for when the time is right to harvest.

Comment

I think its ph issue due to not watering to runoff. I probably let my pots get too dry between waterings but i still dont have your issue and i think thats because i water to 20% runoff. This makes sure ph is in right range. My current grow i have let it get to the point the plant starts to wilt but thats only because i have been having health issues that make it hard to maintain the plant sometimes. Watering to runoff is crucial and unless the plant is a seedling or you dont have enough perlite then you should not worry about drowning plants. I always argue with people who say it is impossible to overwater coco but that is only because if the root system is not developed enough and there is not enough perlite or the like then it can get over watered but if conditions are right then there is no worry of overwatering. That said, i always wait until the pot gets light to water again.

Comment

Think you might be right about the PH, admittedly I skimped out of a PH meter until this happened.
            I'm reading up on checking the runoff. lots to learn

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X