Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me choose the right dehumidifier :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me choose the right dehumidifier :)

Hi, i need help to understand how to size an humidifier for a sealed hydroponic grow room. The room will be 20x8' with a 27 pot rdwc system. Will a 105 pint per day dehumidifier be adeguate to this kind of enviroment? Will be 100% sealed, so no exhaust and no intake fan.

I can't speak as to rather 105 pints is adequate or not. I can speak on what I bought and worked well for me. I built a 7 x 9 room with air intake that can draw from outside or indoors and exhaust that can vent to either inside or out. In 2019 I had plants flowering during summer it was to hot to draw outside air in for the fresh air plants desire. I bought a 30 pint Whynter dehumidifier it can be plumbed with a drain hose so no need to turn off to dump water collected. I had it out in main section of basement about 10 feet from where air intakes can draw in the air from indoors. It worked great and freaked me out the first couple of times it auto started while i was working down there. This fall it is in the room and I'm using a 3 gallon bucket as a reservoir that got approximately 3 inches in over 12 hour period on a very rainy day while drawing in outside air. I am concerned about the last line of your post " Will be 100% sealed, so no exhaust and no intake fan." Are you dedicating a AC / heat unit to maintain temperature range? Are you going to use co2 to supply your plants needs. Not trying to be a downer but I would hate to see you bake your grow. You may want to do a test and see how much the lights alone raise room temperatures in a few hours and figure without ventilation heat will build up as long as the lights are on. My lights came on a few minutes ago so heading down to check my grow.

Comment

If I knew the height of your ceiling, I could calculate your cubic feet in the room (l x w x h) or you can use standard square feet . Once you know that, the dehumidifier should come with a similar rating so that you can compare its capability to the size of your room.

This link will answer everything for you - https://www.sylvane.com/choosing-the...umidifier.html

Comment

A 105 pint unit is more than enough for that size room. I have a 35 pint unit and it works great in a 144 sq. ft. room, adequate in a 220 sq. ft. room. In the small room I can usually drop the RH 8-10% in a couple of hours and that's usually about all I need so it only has to run 2-3 hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppa View Post
          I can't speak as to rather 105 pints is adequate or not. I can speak on what I bought and worked well for me. I built a 7 x 9 room with air intake that can draw from outside or indoors and exhaust that can vent to either inside or out. In 2019 I had plants flowering during summer it was to hot to draw outside air in for the fresh air plants desire. I bought a 30 pint Whynter dehumidifier it can be plumbed with a drain hose so no need to turn off to dump water collected. I had it out in main section of basement about 10 feet from where air intakes can draw in the air from indoors. It worked great and freaked me out the first couple of times it auto started while i was working down there. This fall it is in the room and I'm using a 3 gallon bucket as a reservoir that got approximately 3 inches in over 12 hour period on a very rainy day while drawing in outside air. I am concerned about the last line of your post " Will be 100% sealed, so no exhaust and no intake fan." Are you dedicating a AC / heat unit to maintain temperature range? Are you going to use co2 to supply your plants needs. Not trying to be a downer but I would hate to see you bake your grow. You may want to do a test and see how much the lights alone raise room temperatures in a few hours and figure without ventilation heat will build up as long as the lights are on. My lights came on a few minutes ago so heading down to check my grow.
          Hi mate, obviously running a sealed room, i'll run co2 with a digital controller, and A/C 24.000btu. I'm planning using LED, so temperature won't be too high (3x lumatek zeus 600w pro)

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m using lumatek! Awesome light !🤟🏻

Originally posted by FunkyButtLovin View Post
          A 105 pint unit is more than enough for that size room. I have a 35 pint unit and it works great in a 144 sq. ft. room, adequate in a 220 sq. ft. room. In the small room I can usually drop the RH 8-10% in a couple of hours and that's usually about all I need so it only has to run 2-3 hours a day.
          May i ask you if you run a sealed enviroment with co2 enrichment?

Comment

• ChadWestport
            ChadWestport commented
            Editing a comment
            Not many home growers have a completely sealed room, which is needed for Co2. You also should run the room hotter when using it, so that presents another environmental challenge in the grow.

• papathomas
            papathomas commented
            Editing a comment
            so using led lights that usually won't reach high temperatures co2 would be a waste? Should be better a vented grow room for a 160sq ft grow room?

• ChadWestport
            ChadWestport commented
            Editing a comment
            You can always heat the room, but I think you would want to run the temp in the mid 80's with the use of Co2.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X