LED light height ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED light height ???

Got my start up kit in and got everything working over all pretty pleased with what I paid for. I have a 240w Full spec light in 36x36x72. the specs say 6" above canopy but that seems very close to me? I have read any where from 18" to 24"? Any advice greatly appreciated..

You have to be careful with LED light heights. You can burn your girls in a heart beat. Your better off starting off a little high and bringing them down a little every few days.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Thanks.. I dropped my good babies yesterday to germinate and will be plantings tomorrow.a lot to learn but enjoying it... just don't want to burn my new little ones. Thanks again..

Comment

There's a flip side to it too. If you hang your lights too high your babies will start stretching towards the light. Gotta find that happy medium. Good luck! Be sure to post pics as you go.
        Last edited by PLreef; 10-17-2020, 07:16 PM.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Be nice to know what brand. If you put my Mars ts1000, which is only 150w actual, 6” it would roast em. Mine seems to be 36-40” @ ~50% power for seedling, 24” or so for veg, and if I get much closer than 12-14” since I’ve been in flower I get some light burn.

Comment

I have a ts3000 I put it at 26 "and my bestva3000 has 34 inch viparspectra1200watt has 18 inch

Comment

If we could know the name of your lights (aka brand) so we can get a better idea of what diodes they use and actual wattage that would be helpful. If they are 250 actual then 6 inch will absolutely fry them. Typically in early veg led's should be from 20 to 40 inches away depending on intensity of light. There are many different types of diodes for LED's which is why we want to know the brand is. IMO 6 inches is way too close.

Also, i would recommend starting seeds with something like T5 or CFL instead of HID or LED. You can keep the bulbs closer without fear of frying them and it warms the soil which can help germination and seedling stage. Once they are a couple weeks old then you can put them under LED's as the plant will be hardier for intensity of LED or HID light.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd start mine under cfls, to for the first couple of weeks.

Manufacturer specs for my 200w LED:
              • Seedling: 30-36”
              • Veg: 24-30”
              • Flower: 18-24”
              Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

Sorry the light is ALPHAPAR Led and thats about all the info they provided in the kit...
                Attached Files

Comment

• Tersky
                  Tersky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I cant find hardly any info on this brand, not even manufacturer website. I did find this https://www.amazon.com/GreenHouser-A...0899NK8SN?th=1

The fact there is very little info would be enough for me to skip this brand but i think the 6 inches is talking about mounting height not distance to canopy. Mounting height meaning i think how much space the mounting takes up ie from light to mounting bracket.

I am not sure what "New Tech" led means. nor the chip that is uses which is "BrandLED" and cant find any info on them either. Not sure what driver it uses as well. IMO there are too many unknown aspects of this light to give any advice. I would contact the seller for more info.

Thanks thats what I was afraid of..Oh well you live you learn and move on right.. Ive got a couple of test pilot dummy's I'm going to start out with and test at different heights.. Thanks for the help if nothing else I will throw this POS out and buy a better light that comes with directions lol...

Something like this to start with.
                • Seedling: 30-36”
                • Veg: 24-30”
                • Flower: 18-24”

Comment

Nice looking light for sure, 240watts for a little over 200bucks, that's great,can't wait to see some reviews,
                  I would like to know what driver an leds,it uses.
                  Good Luck
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  315lec for everything else
                  Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X