Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues during flower stage...again

Hey growers community,

So I'm growing Trans Siberian auto flower, it's in it's 4th week of flower....until a few days ago everything was looking good and smelling good....I watered with rainwater, ph'ed at 6 because the reading was 7.1.
    Right now, the humidity is at 47%, 21°C, the outside air coming in, soil Ph is a solid 7....no signs of any deficiencies or lockout....I watered on Saturday (2L rainwater with 2ml of Plagron algae bloom/L, with a few drops of calmag).
    Now the smell is gone and it looks droopy like it's underwatered (pot was very light), so I watered this morning around 07.00am and it isn't responding to the watering.
    Please help as this will be the 4th plant that will be ruined in flower stage....I'm using the viparspectra 300 and it's hanging roughly about 1.5ft (40cm above the plant)

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Newbgrower78; 10-16-2020, 05:38 AM.

Hi, some pics of the plant as a whole in normal light would help others to help you better. I'm pretty new to growing myself and I don't know how big your plant is but 2 ltrs of water seems a bit too much for a feed to me. Also for week 4 of flower those buds look to me to be a bit behind where they should be. Is rain water the only option you have to use? The problem with rainwater is it can pick up lot of contaminants on the way down.
    My plants get droopy occasionally if I've held off a feed until morning due to lights going off and usually pick up within an hr of being watered but my leaves hang pretty much straight down with no curling, I notice your leaves are droopy but appear to be curling too Im pretty sure that can be a sign of overwatering I'm sure others will put me right if I'm wrong.
    3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
    Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
    Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
    Couple of fans for airflow
    First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
    Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
    Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

• Newbgrower78
      Newbgrower78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your reply!
      Well, it had been 6 days since last watering, and i picked up the pot and it was very light, before that I was watering 1x a week after checking soil, so overwatering didn't seem to be the issue (to me at least, could be wrong)...I did 2L because less wouldn't give me any run off, I also have tap water or bottled water available. The pot is an 11L pot filled 4/5, i'm keeping small because of limited growing space.
      Also, it's in week 3 of flowering...my mistake!
      Last edited by Newbgrower78; 10-16-2020, 06:40 AM.

Hi Newbgrower78...Buds73 may be on to something. I am a chronic overwaterer...I've seen my plants look like that. In flower it's difficult because of the margin of error but can you let the pots dry out, I mean really dry? I don't see any signs of deficiencies but a pic in better light would help there. What kind of pots are you using?
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Newbgrower78
      Newbgrower78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your reply! I uploaded a couple of new pics....also please check out my reply to Buds73....thanks a bunch!

What’s up with the bag around the bottom of the pot? Makes me wonder what the drainage is like and if you’re going from one extreme to the next. Too dry to too much water with roots submerged and drowning in water.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      How’s the drainage though? Your plants have good color and don’t appear to have deficiencies. Your issue appears to be watering related to me. Tighten that up and make sure there’s plenty of drainage so the roots aren’t sitting in water.

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      I have all mine sitting on 1" feet cut from scrap furring strips, inside the drip trays. Also gives you more room for runoff if its gonna be a wet one

• Newbgrower78
      Newbgrower78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot for the advice to all of you....I've elevated the pot a few inches so the bottom wouldn't sit in the water....hopefully this issue will resolve in a few days....happy growing friends!!

Great answers from everyone above, if she was mine as long as you got good drainage, I'd let her dry out ,until the pot was very lite weight again before I water again,
    Soil likes to go from wet till almost bone dry, I pick up my pots too, an I've noticed over time that my leaves are looking their very best, when the soil is almost bone dry, an the pots very light weight .
    Can you remember what day it was when you first pistils?
    I believe you'll do fine when she dries out, that will be a nice auto come harvest time.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Newbgrower78
      Newbgrower78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks buddy, it's already looking better, all perked up...just added a few new holes and lifted them so there's air flow at the bottom. The top leaves are "praying" now...is that a good or bad thing?

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey 78 , you'll hear both good an bad about praying leaves, but by the way your leaves were looking, yesterday, I'd say it was a good thing,lol
      I like it when my leaves are stretched out an looking good, you know they are doing their job.
      Is your pots still heavy? If they are don't water anymore until they get lightweight.
      You will some nice bud from your plant come harvest time.
      GoodLuck with your plant.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X