It's harvest time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's harvest time!

It's harvest time at my place. This is my second time growing weed. Total of 19 plants, 4 strains. Love potion, white widow, power africa mk ultra and gorilla glue. I had powdery mildew again this year so I do the hydrogen peroxide wash and rinse during harvest which removes the mildew really well. Cutting, washing, drying and putting into buckets for the cure. My house really smells good!
    Attached Files

Outstanding do you hand trim?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Geofite
      Geofite commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I hand trim with some help from my son and his fiancé. I remove all the fan leaves and leave most of the sugar leaves that have trichomes on them. I did this last year too and it is fine. This year, I will have 7, 5 gallon buckets filled to the rim. I never know what's going to happen when planting. Surprise!

Holy crap look at those colas! Love the landscaping. Absolutely beautiful

Comment

• Geofite
      Geofite commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, lots of colas this year. Sad to cut it all down.

Well that's excellent. I love to see family involved in growing. I do the same pre trim all outdoors mow them up. I then cut the stalks down just like you. I don't grow the monsters anymore just shorter indica hybrids. I got 5 more i'm waiting on GSC and Mango. I'm just waiting for a bit of amber in these trichs. I can't go much longer with this grow it's getting real cool overnight, and i gotta drag pots in and out of protection/cover to get what sun there is anymore at my place. But i sure admire these big grows man i love walking through the fields of green
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Geofite
      Geofite commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, me too. I love the green too. Glad the harvesting is over though. Backache from sitting for hours on end trimming plants.

Harvest is done for me this year. I got 7, 5 gallon buckets of weed this year. Still have a bucket from last year left over. Too much weed!
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Man that's outstanding what a great harvest. That's a great looking cola that first pick. My GSC plants are looking like that first pic. I didn't think i'd get a decent harvest with all the shit storm i've had with this summer. All my photos went into preflower very early on then revegged. Hell of a mess to fix and clean them up but they turned the corner and filled out better than expected. More than i hoped for really. I think it was all the cleaning out of stalks from dead old leaf and calyxes that died.
      I'm harvesting still and getting to the 2 last Mango plants this a.m. then leaving some GSC to just amber up a tad more i'm pushing it till end of this week. Man those look so fine hanging in there. Great job. Enjoy the harvest for sure.

• Geofite
      Geofite commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, sorry to hear you had some trouble with the grow. That sucks, but glad you were able to turn it around. Looking forward to next years grow already, thinking about what to plant. Yes, enjoy the harvest time. It's a lot of work but satisfying.

Most of us store in mason jars, you’re using 5 gallon buckets. 35 gallons of bud in the cellar, 35 gallons of bud! Holy hell lol

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you use a gamma ring to seal the buckets? My grows are nowhere near your level but burping 5-10 jars can be a pain in the butt so I like the idea of using buckets

• Geofite
      Geofite commented
      Editing a comment
      No, don't use a gamma ring. Too hard for me to get that off. I use food grade bucket liners and close them well and then just put the regular bucket lid on that withoutt pushing it all the way down. It's too hard for me to remove all those lids everyday for airing so this works well for me. I use these bucket liners for fermenting sauerkraut and they are great for curing weed too. They are durable and seal the weed really well and for me, they work great for easier curing. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...4B26W6RJ&psc=1

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

For longer storage to keep it fresh, I put it in mason jars and sealed it. This is last years harvest so this stops it from drying out and extends shelf life.
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's the way to use food saver for jars. I do that way when we canned smoked salmon and tuna when we use to fish.

• Geofite
      Geofite commented
      Editing a comment
      If you use the food saver for fish then you have to freeze it, just to clarify for others who might think this is safe to can fish with and then put it on a shelf. The only safe way to can fish for shelf stability is pressure canning otherwise it's deadly not safe to eat. I do pressure canning as well and only use the food saver with mason jars to store dry goods such as beans and peas or other dry foods, and weed. Be safe when canning stuff. Foodsaver just removes the air and helps prevent oxidation and rancidity but it no way kills any bacteria or other organisms in the jared food. It's not safe to can any wet foods this way and if anyone does, then it must be refrigerated for the appropriate length of time or frozen. But weed can be canned this way, it removes the air and makes a vacuum so it doesn't dry up or go rancid, but it's not sterilized at all. Just for clarity. I think what you mean is putting the fish into the food saver bags and then removing the air and sealing it and then putting it in the freezer, right? https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_05/fish.html

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X