Black area on stem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Black area on stem

Hey guy. Can someone please tell me what is this growing on my weed it seems to be spreading. I noticed an area on the stem that is black it's also black between the branch and the stem. I'll post pics Inna few. But anyone has an idea what it is? Could it be black stem mold?

With no pictures - no one can tell
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Without pics its hard, but it sounds like Botrytis, or bud rot, and is terminal.

Comment

Hey sorry bout that uploading pics now

Comment

Here they are finally. The first two was taken at an earlier date. The last one I jus took out.

Comment

• lalaland
            lalaland commented
            Editing a comment
            Is there holes in the stems on both of those pics? Could be some sort of larvae in there if they are.

• Ganjafarmer
            Ganjafarmer commented
            Editing a comment
            There aren't any holes that I can see

I think Rwise is right to be honest
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Ganjafarmer
            Ganjafarmer commented
            Editing a comment
            If he is what's my next step to getting rid of it? The most organic way possible.
            Also what causing this and can it spread to other plants? That plant is mostly secluded anyway because I think it's a hermi.
            I'll keep monitoring to see the blackness spreads.

The way Neem was discovered was trees were rotting and they couldn’t figure out why the neem tree was standing tall. So they started doing studies on the Neem tree turns out it’s anti fungal and diseases Plus it will fix the nitrogen levels in your soil just to name a few benefits. What I’m saying is you should mix Neem into your soil I bet you won’t be having these issues, well that’s just my guess from what I’ve gathered researching Neem. Of course there are people that say it’s a poison but I find it so weird that ghandi and the rest of India hasn’t disappeared from earth being that they all use it in damn near everything they use. Guess it just affects people outside of India lol..

Comment

• lalaland
            lalaland commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve seen people say many times that Neem fried their plants when they sprayed them with it. I used it when I received spider mite infested clones, and it worked well, and the plants seemed to love it. Since then I’ve used it weekly on everything, including clones and small seedlings, with no ill effect whatsoever. When I saw a few fungus gnats over the summer, I watered them with it as well which cleared the gnats up quick.
            I love the stuff!
            I did google harmful effects on humans as I had heard the same thing. Found a few articles about people drinking large quantities of it. Think they said she had injested 125 ml of it!!
            I can’t imagine The 1tsp per litre of water sprayed on foliage I will never eat, or use in any way, can be too harmful

Anything strong enuf to kill Botrytis will kill the plant, so I read,
          Keep it dry, be prepared to cut it off below the bad if it spreads to much.

Comment

• Ganjafarmer
            Ganjafarmer commented
            Editing a comment
            That unfortunately won't be a option. If I do that then I'll have to start from scratch. I rather take a clone to preserve the strain and try to save the original plant still. But I suppose if I must I will. Thanks

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X