Novice grower here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Novice grower here

So I've got a 2.5 oz yield from my growing effort this season. All the girls are dry and in jars curing. My question is how long until my buds start smelling like buds. Now they smell like hay or freshly cut grass. Also, do I have to wait to use my trim/sugar leaves, or do they have to cure as well.
    Thank you in advance.

It depends on how well the cure goes but it can be anywhere from 1-3 weeks for the grass smell to go away if you do it right. The slower you cure the better it will be so this is not a place to rush even though i have been guilty of it, especially if im out. And the trim doesnt need to be cured as i assume you are going to use it in hash or solvents. I would either freeze or let trim dry making sure no mold grows if you are not going to use it right away otherwise it is fine to not cure before use. Wouldnt smoke sugar leaves tho. I mean its fine if they are little bits on the bud but a bowl of straight trim would kill me, and not in a good way lol.
    Last edited by Tersky; 10-14-2020, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Hi. It's been over 4 months and my jarred buds don't smell, "kind" yet. When do they start to give off that lovely aroma?

Comment

If you don’t have any nice smell after 4 months, I don’t believe you ever are going to get it. Next grow, read the tutorial on the main site. I followed it and my buds were smelling good after several weeks and still improving after several months.
        Last edited by RetiredGuy; 02-12-2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

How often should I check now? Weekly? Monthly? Thanks for your reply..

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey there Dummy read the tutorials. After 4 months mine would be smoked up. Show us a pic of your harvest in the jar.

From my experience which I’ve had this issue before is caused by weed drying too quickly you want weed to dry as slowly as possible ideally 14 days my weed was dry in like 4 because the humidity was in the mid twenties best humidity I know now is around 50% you want it as high as possible without risking mold also to get the best bud you’ll want to jar the weed for 2 months the jarring thing has a big impact on how harsh the weed is it also effects the potency but to a lesser extent from my experience

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X