Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! plant getting sick?

Hi All

Seems like something is going wrong with our plant. Have fed it with NPK 7,4,5 and watering it every other day. we are growing them indoors.

Have tried to follow most of the directions on this forum.

We already had a plant die of what looks to be similar issue. That one we threw out and the current one continued to grow and looked very healthy after having transplanted it into new soil. It was beutiful until maybe a week ago when the leaves started turning dark now drying up.

We have had a bit of a fly problems. I keep killing them though.

the distance to the lamp is appr 30cm/1 ft.

would greatly appreciate some help on this cause we have really grown fond our 'kids' as we call them

all the best!

dan

Welcome !
    first of all.
    Describe your whole setup.
    Medium? Soil? Coco etc.
    Pot size.
    perlite used ?
    PH in water feeding and the medium ?
    Watering routine ? How often and how much ?
    same with nutrients, how much and how often ? Which brand also?
    lights ?
    And pictures! More of the affected leaves and the whole plant in general.
    and what age are the plant ?
    From one pictures and without info it’s hard to make a diagnosis.

It looks like a potassium deficiency at first sight. Again hard to diagnose out from one picture. But if you already fed the plant with that NPK ratio I doubt it.
    which is making me think what are your PH levels ?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Nutrient lock-out - over watered

Put a fly strip in your tent.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hey!

Fantastic how quick this response came.

Soil: normal soil sold for plants, pre-fertalized.
        we transplanted it one month ago. Plant came to live and looked beautiful.
        fertilizer: NPK, 7,4,5, mg=3%
        sorry, in german:
        https://www.compo.de/produkte/duenger-blattpflege/universalduenger/compo-bio-naturduenger-mit-guano

PH looked very neutral, not the recommended slightly sour.
        65cm tall
        watering routine: every other day mostly or every day if soil feels dry. I never allow the soil to get too wet. I live by the rule, rather less than more. I only water when soil feels a bit dry.

thanks a lot!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I Can read and speak german. Kein problem.
          You dont have an digital PH monitor or are you using the strips ? Digital PH is a no 1 tool in growing cannabis.
          Yea as Canuck says it’s probably over watered ? I don’t see any leca or perlite in the soil ??

You definitely have a Ph problem and the leaves most close to the light is burned.

What’s happened to the lowest bottom of the plant ? You cut branches off ?

It’s not quite the right fertilizer for a cannabis plant. It can be used but with care.
        it’s a high NPK for that small plant. And I think you over fed it with the soil plus the nutrients. Which you have a lockout and also drowning the plant without the leca or perlite
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

CaptainWiese91 >on the leca & perlite. I just mix them with the soil? can you recommend smth one can get in germany?
          in terms of watering. every third day? must say, the soil gets dry quickly.

the lower part of the plant, don't know. I havent cut it. there are small leaves coming. perhaps light issue?

what fertilizer would you recommend from here?

thanx!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            CANNA is a German product? Why not use that ?

They have all the nutrients you need for cannabis.
            But before all that, If you don’t monitor the PH probably and you really don’t know what your PH is, it’s going to be a bad grow run.

you mean Canna Terra Vega?
          yes I might have a PH issue. if it's a bit on the basic side, 3-4 PH. def not acidic. what does one do? That part I have gotten a hang of. link?

continued thanks guys

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            anything lower than 7 is acidic and above is basic so if it is 3-4 i would say it is very acidic. ph range for cannabis in soil is 6.0-7.0 and coco and hydro range is 5.5-6.5. I use ph Up and Down from General hydroponics to regulate my ph. All of this can be found on the main site so i suggest doing some research https://www.growweedeasy.com/ph

Canna terra Vega is for veg period and the canna terra flores- for bloom period.
          3-4 in ph!? That is way too low... you need to be between 6-7 for optimal range or else then it won’t take up nutrients..

Did you do any research at all about the basics of growing cannabis ??
          If you go to the main site, you have all the info you need to know about Ph and growing cannabis.

Comment

I just ordereda PH meter. I dont think its that low. I have primitive measure where you put soil in the water and some chemical and a colour comes out. to me it looks on the basic side, but very slightly.
            What I meant by links is if you have something on correct the PH. Meaning get a basic soil to the right PH.
            No worries, will do some research on that.
            In terms of Perlites, I have read some about that. In the previous soil I used there was some. But no where near the 20-50% I should/could have? will get it tomorrow.
            thanx

Comment

At least 40-50 % perlite in.
            The normal garden soil you bought - should have a description back in the bag that says what is the Ph of the soil also.
            you need to monitor the Ph probably..

Comment

thanx! you saved the kids!

Comment

I’m by no means an expert, I’m in my first grow. Two things that stood out for me, 1st light at one foot is super close depending on what strength light it is. My ts1000 is 150w actually and worked well at about two feet during veg. 2nd I have 3 gal smart pots and I water less than twice a week, I water until I get slight run off and wait until it totally dries (if I water on Monday then I don’t have to water again until Thursday or Friday, in soil with one third perlite). I had some problems early on and found the ph level is a HUGE deal, check going in and coming out and let these guys know what the numbers are and they will help you out.

Comment

this was great!
                  yes makes sense that the PH is what messed them up cause after I transplanted it with new soil, they were good for a while.
                  strangely the the primitive PH measurer I have shows a good PH... I bought a good one now. will be easier to keep track
                  lets see.

all the best!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X