Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accidental Lighting during 12/12 Flowering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental Lighting during 12/12 Flowering...

Had a situation this week concerning overhead light staying on during 12/12. Am going into 5 week flower and accidently left overhead light on not knowing. The 600 LED lights are on timer. When they went out the overhead light was on. This was for about 3-4 days ongoing. I know this would initiate re-Veg but seems ok. A few small curled leaves and some new growth. I am curious how (bad) this will effect the yield, etc. Growing GG#4 and Lemon Haze.
    Has anyone have this happen? Made this mistake?

3-4days eh well they could go hermaphrodite get little tiny white seedy things in the buds but who knows until the harvest. Then again it may be OK. Good luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Did the same (this my first time growing). Light 24 for at least five days. But don’t worry it will turn out just fine, just switch back to 12/12. I have not harvest yet, but to me it looks just fine... to me anyway.
      Attached Files

Comment

Appreciate the feedback. I see no signs of pollen sacs, seedy white stuff, etc. Just some curled leaves as noted. I am hoping all is ok in long run. Will post pics tomorrow. Picked up a green (night) light just in case I need for future. No more mistakes of the kind.
        Regards all.
        Dab1963

Comment

Usually one day you can get away with and feel confident. You may not have any adverse effects, sounds like you know what to look for, but it may add a week onto your flowering time. Check the trichomes when you think it is ready for harvest, but don't be surprised if it is slightly delayed from the original plan.

Comment

This is why I don’t use a timer🤟🏻 I honestly don’t trust them. Never did never will.

but 3-4 days is still some days, check the plants regularly.
            sometimes I’m drunk and forget to turn the lights of maybe 10 min late or even 14 min late. The plants don’t mind, it’s when you interrupt the dark period with light they will be sensitive
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• aoxomoxoa
              aoxomoxoa commented
              Editing a comment
              I am having a lot of trouble with my timers. I don’t trust them either. Problem is I’m usually stoned when it’s time to turn off lights and ive missed a few times. So far...so good.

Plants seem ok at the moment. Fixed timer (New one).

Comment

• aoxomoxoa
              aoxomoxoa commented
              Editing a comment
              What timer does everyone use?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X