Plant Diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant Diagnosis

Hello, can someone help me ID this issue? pH at 5.9, air temp ranges from 72 to 82 F, rez temp ranges from 60-74 F, RH ranges from 44-57% (have to run AC to keep temps down), EC currently at 0.5, plant is a few weeks old. Noticing leaf discoloration and slight curling. Using quantum boards at 15K lux. Any input? Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sweeper91; 10-14-2020, 01:13 PM.

Not much of a hydro guy so with a gain of salt advice to bumping your thread we go. Pretty earily on and i had to look hard twice to pick things out.

First thing I'm thinking is you are in the Very early stage of yellowing between the veins, what it could become would be listed here.
    Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...

.5 ec seems low but i dont practice ec on the regular to be reliable.

Some fat stubby leaf and strange shapes caught my eye but iv had a lot of that just grow out of itself, keep a eye on it.
    light distance and wattage isnt listed? That could be a factor. I would think that 60f is a little low for the rez, do you have a chllier? And why is it swinging so much?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• sweeper91
      sweeper91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the input. rez temp swings so much because I use ice bottles to keep the rez temps down. I've seen some roots from previous grows that were too brown for comfort, and it makes sense because the rez temp was pushing 78 F with 80-82 air temp (ideal for quantum boards).
      as far as 0.5 EC, that was a guideline given to me by another grower i trust. i will keep track of it and add more nutes if necessary.
      based on photos from GWE I'm thinking this is an early Magnesium deficiency. Yellow between veins and a red stem... Makes sense given that I've mostly kept the pH in the 5.5-6.0 range

Are you adding beneficial microbes? And how do the roots look?

Comment

• sweeper91
      sweeper91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good question, I'm using Hydroguard at the moment. I use ice bottles to keep the rez temps low...previous grows they were pushing as high as 78 F, which makes sense given the ideal 80-82 air temps that plants under quantum boards like. I added some more photos and now think this is a magnesium deficiency...yellowing between veins and at least one red stem.
      though perhaps slightly brown roots indicates this is also a root issue causing nute issues? any input on that is appreciated! roots look mostly white and healthy, though a few of them do look a little too brown for comfort...I'll keep an eye on them
      Last edited by sweeper91; 10-14-2020, 01:29 PM.

I think it looks ok but maybe my eyes are just not what they used to be. Just make sure you are letting ph flux as some nutrients can only be uptaken in hydro with ph of 6.0 or higher. Also .5 ec does seem a bit low if you are using tap water. I use RO water and my ec at that stage is about the same ec but if i were using tap water it should be a little higher. The curling you talk about to me looks more like wrinkling than curling which can be because of low rh in veg which is not ideal but wont kill the plant.

Comment

• sweeper91
      sweeper91 commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, I'll keep track, thanks again. Btw, if I end up needing to supplement with mag, do you think it's okay to mix nute lines? currently using Dyna-Gro but they only make a magnesium supplement, not a cal-mag one...maybe there is enough calcium in their Grow formula?

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      It should be fine to mix nute lines with cal mag supplements. I dont know about dyna grow personally but it does look like it has some cal mag in it, but not a lot of magnesium. Since you are using tap water you may not need any supplements. I personally use it cause i use RO water. Aslo epsom salts have a good dose of magnesium and lots of growers use it as a supplement for magnesium.

• sweeper91
      sweeper91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I added a little Mag-Pro to the rez and the plant appears to have perked up a bit. I'll continue to monitor in coming weeks. Surprised that my tap doesn't supply enough, but I guess it just depends on the water--maybe it's more filtered than i thought?? Anyways, thanks again for the input

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X