Leaves are drooping and turning Yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves are drooping and turning Yellow

Hi all, was hoping people here can help me.

I’m on my second grow, the first was a full chat disaster with external temperatures/humidity/light placement/idleness being major factors leading to a light and airy rubbish result and low yield. I’m now currently at the start of week 4 (day 30) for 2 other plants which I thought if I pulled my finger out somewhat and looked after them a bit better I would gain much stronger results, but I’m running into similar problems (albeit not as severe) which I don’t seem to be able to diagnose correctly. These are, as seen by the photographs, yellowing leaves near the bottom of the plant and a generally miserable looking plant.

INDOOR

I am growing:

Royal Dwarf Auto (x2): https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/auto...yal-dwarf.html

Purchased from: Seedsman

Medium: Biobizz Lightmix Soil with a large helping (maybe 20%) of Perlite in each

Pot Size: 5l Air Pots

Nutrients: Bio Bizz [Top Max, Bio Grow, Bio Heaven, Bio Bloom] - Following their schedule for Lightmix religiously until very recently. Reasons for the change I shall explain below.

Set up:

Tent: Grow Box 40cm x 40cm x 120cm

Interior fans: x2

Ventilation: RAM 2 speed Inline Fan (165m3/h)

Light: Mars Hydro Epistar 80 250w actual https://growgenius.co.uk/product/mar...ed-grow-light/ (light instructions regarding colour spectrum and height followed religiously also) This light is currently sitting at 13” above my tallest plant.

Temp: ranges between 22-25 as far as I know (obviously when I’m asleep I have no way of telling)

Humidity: 46-50%

So my question is why I’m getting such heavy yellowing on the bottom leave and why most of the week my plants look miserable (in turn making me pretty fucking miserable) when I seem to follow a strict schedule, being careful not to over-water and try my best to regulate temps.

Until the start of last week (day 25 or so) I was following the nutrient schedule as outlined by Bio-Bizz, but with the yellowing coming in I thought it might be Nutrient burn, so I used only straight water for a week but the problem seems to have gotten worse. Every feeding I give the plants, nutrients or no, are balanced out to 6.2 as per Bio Bizz recommendations.

My theory is that my tent is too small for a light that is as overly intense as this one. It heats up overnight (which is the time I’m most vulnerable and unaware of anything except sleeping) and does a number on them but I have no definitive prood. Would this theory hold any weight you think? The reason I have this light is merely that I got an absolute bargain so Im not married to it

I’m pretty spewing about it because they began very healthy indeed and have just deteriorated over the past 1.5 weeks or so.

If anyone here can take the time to help me, I would appreciate it so much. This site/forum was a great confidence builder and the knowledge base is pretty damn astounding, but I feel that I just need to directly ask questions now because I’m kinda confused.

Cheers all and pictures posted, if there are better angles or spots to photograph, I'm more than willing to get them to take closer looks. I've just taken shots of what I currently think is important but you all know better than I do!

Falkous

IMAGE LINK: https://imgur.com/a/BJgpmY9

Light distance seems too close and pots look to small. And could also be hot soil ? Sorry wish i could of been more help.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Looks very dark green to me.
      and I think you have a root issue to be honest. The curled new grow and the droopy leaves.
      How is your watering practice? How much water and how often ? How big is the pots ?

humidity? And Celsius ? Or the other thing Americans use 😅.

And how much nutrients in general are you giving it? Looks over fed to me also
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for chipping in!

No worries SoOrbudgal, thanks for any input! The lights are on the close side of the recommended distance away but I shall increase that just to be sure.

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
        Looks very dark green to me.
        and I think you have a root issue to be honest. The curled new grow and the droopy leaves.
        How is your watering practice? How much water and how often ? How big is the pots ?

humidity? And Celsius ? Or the other thing Americans use 😅.

And how much nutrients in general are you giving it? Looks overfed to me also

My watering practices are water when about an inch from the top feels dry. This figures into about 0.5l per plant every 3 days or so.

The pots are 5l (around 1Gal give or take) and my mind had wandered into the pot size if I'm going to be honest, maybe a bigger size next time?

Humidity ranges in the 40-50%RH mark.

My temperatures range between 22-25c, which is behind my main theory (see above)

Nutrients wise I'm giving the general amount according to the schedule. It's 1ml per litre of water, balanced to 6.2ph.

Today, funnily enough, they look proper perked up in stature but the yellowing has intensified severely and now I have shriveled leaves at the bottom where they just were yellow before.

Thanks guys,
        F

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I use liters too😎. 5 liters in my opinion is way too small. Never used under 10 liter pots.
          I think the problems is the pot size, and it can cause droopy leaves and yellowing leaves also. It’s really hard to keep a plant happy in a small pot. It can be done for sure, but they need some more attention and love.

All the others factors you mentioned is good, so I believe you have a root bound plant or a plant with root issues.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X