Ph Balancing Alkaline soil with Dolomite Lime in organic soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph Balancing Alkaline soil with Dolomite Lime in organic soil

Hi all! I read somewhere that you can balance soil Ph with Dolomite Lime, regardless of whether your soil is too acidic or alkaline. As a result, I bought some. My water has a pH of 8. Since I'm doing an organic living soil(-ish) grow with no nutrients, I'm hoping to avoid using a pH down formula. Thoughts? Note: I already bought it and don't want or have time to get something else unless it's absolutely necesary. If the DL works, I'll do it. Thanks!

What is needed is buffers, dolomite lime is 1 of the 2 sulfur is the other, I use pelleted so the release is slow. Lime is = to PH up, while Sulfur is = to PH down, the plant will move elements around and make the soil what she wants. As a note if you use perlite, do make sure the lime and sulfur are pelleted, the wet perlite reacts with the powdered versions way to fast. I dropped my 8.4 soil to below 3 with one application of water soluble powdered sulfur, it made to much sulfuric acid to fast.

Comment

• MaxR
      MaxR commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Where do I get sulphur? Looked at some garden supply stores and only saw sulphur as used against pests. No mention of it as a way to correct pH. Am I missing something?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X