Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What in the everliving heck is happening here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What in the everliving heck is happening here?

So one of my girls (White Gold) is doing something odd. The tip ends of most of the colas have gone completely white. Like, bright white.
    Normally I'd just assume light burn and move on, but the LED panel seems too far away from it for that to happen (see image) and it doesn't have that usual burnt appearance, the affected area looks perfectly healthy except for the color, growing trichomes and everything. Just the pistils seem a bit behind on curling in. Not even a hint of any pests.
    I haven't had a chance to check for potency yet (it's just as smelly as the unaffected parts), but since I expect to harvest that one in the next two weeks I wanted to get a few second opinions before I do.

Is this just a mutation? Super benign light burn? Has anyone seen anything like this before?
    Last edited by ShimmyBob; 10-10-2020, 07:36 PM.

Light bleach. The lights to close. Look it up on GWE and search light burn. They have pictures of bleached buds. Fix it fast
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

Comment

Originally posted by HobbitGDF View Post
      Light bleach. The lights to close. Look it up on GWE and search light burn. They have pictures of bleached buds. Fix it fast
      That's odd. I already moved the lights further away after first noticing it. Currently they're a good 28 inches (70cm) from the tips. Shouldn't that be enough?

Comment

You know it's on the small plant. Not on the tall buds. That's weird. Idk. That's all I know causes that. Maybe that plant specifically cant stand as much light. Idk. But the light bleaching is all I've ever seen from GWE page.
        good luck man. Seems 28in is high. How much watts is it pushing?
        1x Slapz
        1x Quikz
        2x red runtz
        1x flo-see
        1x 2B blunt
        1x persian pie

Comment

You know it's on the small plant. Not on the tall buds. That's weird. Idk. That's all I know causes that. Maybe that plant specifically cant stand as much light. Idk. But the light bleaching is all I've ever seen from GWE page.
          good luck man. Seems 28in is high. How much watts is it pushing?
          Each plant has it's own 400W LED panel, pretty powerful for LED but they were super cheap ones.
          I'm not exactly worried about the harvest, but it's good to have identified the issue. I'll try turning off half the lights above that plant.
          White gold is indica heavy, the other one is Jack Herer with a super sativa heavy phenotype it seems, took forever to actually go into bloom, as is evident by the size so maybe that explains the difference.
          I touched one of the white tips and it's still super smelly so I'm not sure how much potency I've lost there.

Comment

I know it will start making the potency lessen.

Light bleaching is similar to bleached hair from spending ample time under the sun. Read for more information on how to prevent and solve light bleaching.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201010-211234_Chrome.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	458309
            1x Slapz
            1x Quikz
            2x red runtz
            1x flo-see
            1x 2B blunt
            1x persian pie

Comment

I know it will start making the potency lessen.

Light bleaching is similar to bleached hair from spending ample time under the sun. Read for more information on how to prevent and solve light bleaching.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201010-211234_Chrome.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	458309
              Yeah I know. Not much left to do but hope for the best. Maybe it'll just be super cool looking weed of normal potency
              I'll run a quick dry test in a couple days on one of the tips, then I'll know for sure.

Thanks for the advice mate.

Comment

I hope it all helped. I'm having some issues over here too.
                1x Slapz
                1x Quikz
                2x red runtz
                1x flo-see
                1x 2B blunt
                1x persian pie

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X