Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Outdoor grow help please!

Hi,
    this is a cheese seedsman strain outdoors. Its in soil, and been sitting outside all season. We started flushing last week. We were hoping for a couple extra weeks for flower, but the temps dropped to 31/32 a couple nights ago and walking out this morning to this.. Is it too late to try and save her? Should I harvest, or should I see if she recovers?
    thank you in advance!
    Attached Files

What are the day time temps? Is the sun shining again? Can you give it a day to see if it perks back up? I'm asking because I have a plant that's been in the ground since March. She's suffered cold, 70+mph winds, thunderstorms, varmints, and my inexperience with outdoor plants. She's about 8' tall and about 6' across and wrapped in plant tape. She's lost some branches along the way, but she's hung in there, and has produced some monster buds. My back yard is starting to smell skunky. I've got my fingers crossed she can make to the very end. So what I'm saying is, your plant may recover. Others with more experience will also weigh in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1547.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	702.8 KB
ID:	458230Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1548.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	744.9 KB
ID:	458231Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1549.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	944.8 KB
ID:	458232Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1550.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	458233Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1551.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	458234Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1552.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	458225
    Attached Files
    Last edited by golfnrl; 10-10-2020, 04:27 PM. Reason: Added some pics for @bboyfromwayback...I was off a bit on the stats
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Common now! We need to see pics of that big beauty!

I'm in Oregon got a full on storm wind/rain going right now. I drug my pots under a canopy. I'd sure try and salvage her, like golfnrl says. I've seen snow covered outdoor plants come back. I seen videos of them laying on the ground still growing. Can you at least put her where she's protected?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

We are in northern illinois area, and this week is supposed to be 50s to 70s. It got watered this morning and keeping a careful eye on it.. And, ya, its been a stormy and windy year! This one also fell off the table at some point and needed to be picked back up!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey good luck man, hopefully just alittle while left. Were in the same boat i'm in the midst of harvest it's daily now and should be done by end of Oct. just hope not to much WPM/mold. It's not very cold here only upper 40s during night and days are still in 60s but rainy lots of humidity. It's gonna be a close one.

This coming from another grower not me, but when colas are falling over he suggests supporting them. Meaning tie them or stake them up because when the coals are hanging low the plant thinks it’s dying and won’t grow anymore. When supported it feels strong and healthy? I guess. Cant hurt to try it.

Comment

For frosty mornings get out there and wash the frost off before the sun shines on them. My bet would be she is going to reach up and finish just fine, she may shed a few leaves.
        Of course if you know its coming, cover or move inside for they night. Mine have roots out the bottom, a tad hard to move.

Comment

It Lives! ... and I just realized I didnt take a picture lol! I will post one tomorrow at some point, but thank you all for the advice and support! Saved me from just chopping it down premature for sure!

Comment

Id definitely give it a chance to live. Maybe make some kind of makeshift greenhouse for it. Some PVC and plastic for the colder nights. Then remove it in the am. Might want to stick a fan in there too.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X