Light damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light damage

Hi everyone, I’ve been growing this white widow auto for a few months now and it’s almost harvest time on it. It has been doing great, but has had a little bit of light damage since it started budding, it hasn’t been a big deal until the past couple of days, for some reason my plant has gotten significantly worse out of nowhere. I raised my lights as much as I can and I have a taller grow tent coming in, any recommendations on what to do would be greatly appreciated, it’s my first successful grow so I’d hate to lose it.
    Attached Files

That looks like a lot more than a little bit of light damage. Based on those buds they look to be in about week 4. I don't know what options you have other than just try to keep it alive and hope it recovers. Really can't harvest it now.
    Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Gluteous I know it looks awful, two days ago it just had a little bit of tip burning now it looks like I took it with me to go visit the sun, the change was just so rapid.

Comment

This plant to me looks over done with feedings. The roots have issues from past weeks, it's not sun damage it's a Ph issue i think.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

i aree with soorbudgal u need to get rid of damage flush it hope for best when i had light burn it goes yellow mate

Comment

Thank you guys I’ll try a flush and recheck my ph and see what happens

Comment

what size pots have u been adding nutes to hot soil mate

Comment

Definitely going to say root zone issue is the main cause. I'd hope its not a bug like root aphids, definitely do check your soil Ph and inspect for those little critters.

Is this an outdoor plant? If so, did you recently have a cold snap with <45 degree weather?

What are the temperature and humidity ranges this plant dwells in?

Comment

ChadWestport its a hydro grow that normally lives inside at temps between 72-78 f I moved it outside because I thought I was getting fried by the light. The only reason this is so confusing is nothing changed in its habitat at all when it started getting really bad it has had the same water for about a week and a half and just now started looking so terribly unhealthy

Comment

I haven't done hydro before so I'm not as versed with it, but it does sound as if a normal variable went askew. I know heat in the reservoir can quickly cause root issues, how do they look, are they still nice and white or are they a bit brown? Impacts usually show themselves very quickly in hydro, so it may not be a nutrient thing but what is the possibility of a Ph swing in this last batch of water?

Comment

ChadWestport the roots looked pretty good they were a bit stained from nutrients but not slimy or smelly it’s normally grown inside so the water stays fairly cool and I did check my ph following the advice of some other growers as well and it was good. So I’m really just kinda at a loss I’m going to try flushing it completely and just redoing my nutrients a little less powerful and seeing if maybe that will help but I really have no answers

Comment

How are the air stones? Do they have a film on them, are they putting out proper bubbles and are they positioned well? As you can tell, I'm guessing. Like you said, its an odd one with no obvious environmental or nutrient deviations to account for the sudden symptoms. Have you inspected the roots for any bugs?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X