Smell control for my first grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smell control for my first grow

What do you all use for smell control after harvest, during the drying period. I'm not harvesting soon but I just haven't seen anything on this yet.

Currently growing in a little tent and I do have an outtake setup with a carbon filter and inline fan for smell control. I was hoping to keep that in place but if I have it moving air would it affect the drying time at all? From what I've read on this site, you don't want to speed up drying because the curing starts as soon as you cut and I could lose valuable curing time. Could I keep the outtake going and maybe not use the intake during the drying period?

You are correct about not wanting to rush drying, it can go wrong and you lock the grass smell and taste in.

You can use the tent with the exhaust to control the odor. It is good to have a little bit of moving air in the tent while drying, but its best not to have it a strong wind or pointe directly at the drying plants. An important thing to keep an eye on will be humidity. Ideally 60%RH and 65 degrees to dry at first. If you can keep it in that range and still have the intake working well, keep with it.

Comment

I also dry in my flower tent. Leave the exhaust system running but turn all other fans off inside the tent or your plants will dry too quickly. I see no need for a intake while your plants are hanging. I’d be afraid the extra air blowing in would cause them to dry too fast. Over drying is never good. You’ll also need to experiment with your setup to find the sweet spot to dry in. With the natural environment inside my grow room if I place a dehumidifier a few feet away from the tent with the exhaust port blowing towards the intake ports the inside of the tent will stay around 70 degrees at 55% humidity which is perfect. That part is going to be different for everyone depending on your setup and local climate.
      Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 10-09-2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I dry within my space since that's where the filter is. I just have the exhaust fan control set so it's always running. That's enough to pull in air from outside. That and the dehumidifier kicking in gives some air movement but not too much. Dry times differ based on the time of the year with temp/humidity fluctuations. Check them frequently.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X