Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sugar leaves twisted and turn dried around some Buds

Greetings,

I saw yesterday that some of my sugar leaves that grow around buds turn dried and twisted. Do you know what it could be? I've read that it can be an issue with mold Buds but when I'm looking at where the twisted leaves are, the bud is not turning brown.

Thank you for your help.

Well something is rotting either stem or ?? If it pulls off real easy it's rot or mold.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Did the brown leaves happen to lean against the CFL side lighting? If it is not anywhere near those lights, the brown does look a bit like rot as SoOrbudgal is suggesting.

Heat or root issues can cause that type of leaf twisting, but I'm unsure in this case. What are the temps like? Do you Ph your water before you feed?

Comment

Yes I control the PH and the temp varies. During day time, it's around 20 Celcius. Night time...I dunno because it's in my shed and here the degree fall around zero celcius at night..I put an small heater tu give them chance to not freeze.

Comment

I've seen those twisted leaves at other places than close to CFL.

Comment

I should cut this one at the end of october but i think I'll consider get ahead sooner with this situation...

Comment

If it is getting very cold at night like that, possibly wrap some material around your pots to add and retain warmth for the root zone. Lift them off of the floor, especially if it is concrete.

Big humidity swings between night and day temps can also be an instigator for molds as was suggested earlier. Hopefully that is not the case.

Comment

It's mold I removed a twisted leaves this morning and the bud start to split by itself.....help! What can I do now? What are you doing with moldy buds ? In the trash? I hope that is not all the plants that is like that......"crying"....

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trash all moldy buds. If i can't remove the mold by picking it out throw it away.

Wow, that's a shame. You gotta address your grow environment for next time. Mold is a worst case scenario.
                Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X