Open to suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Open to suggestions.

Hi all, I have a Critical Crack og that got damaged on the one side during her first few weeks. Don't think she ever recovered fully from it but she grew slowly but surely. She was flipped 8 days ago and still not that tall of a girl at around 13" (33cm) but she is starting to stretch and i'm getting a lot of new growth on the one side that is more open. What should i do with this new growth remove it or leave it be and see how it goes? I've not topped her or done any lst just rotated her to get the side branches to grow up to the main stem. She will probably give me the smallest yield out of my 3 plants and I'm just unsure what to do with her, she started showing pistils 3 days ago. Here's some pics of the open side and a close up of it and a pic of the other side for comparison.

Attached Files
    3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
    Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
    Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
    Couple of fans for airflow
    First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
    Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
    Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

buds73, since you already flipped them, there isn't much you can do now. They look pretty good, so don't do anything to fuck them up. Just let them grow and think about what you want to do on your next grow. You want to do all your topping and LST on your 3rd or 4th node.

Comment

• buds73
      buds73 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your reply. I was thinking more along the lines of is it better to remove growth so as not to take energy away from main bud sights as they develop or leave them as they are more open to light and could become ok buds. I also assume though that the new growth could also provide additional energy for the plant as a whole as i would have more leaves.

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      buds73 everything you said makes sense, however you should do that during the vegging stage not during flowering. I would only cut the leaves that cover up Bud sites now.

• buds73
      buds73 commented
      Editing a comment
      kingfish Ahh right ok thanks. Just wasn't sure as it continues growing leaves for the first 3 weeks of flowering and after that no more.

Ya a bit late for training now. Can take off some fans if they're blocking light on buds sites but training time has come and gone.
    Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• buds73
      buds73 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah wasn't thinking of training more freeing up energy for other bud sites but i'll follow the advice given.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X