What's going on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What's going on here?

Does anyone have any examples of when the cannabis plant develops disease primarily due to the associative organism? i mean if you get root rot, isn't that because your roots go rotten which involves bacteria? if you get spider mite, isn't that because your air flow or something else environmental was not good? Whenever a plant loses cells to disease, it seems that there is some essential predisposing environmental factor initiating the disease... so i'm needing help as to why we culturally speak of this tragedy as if the primary reason is the undertaking organism? I understand this is a specific way in understanding what issue has arisen: a fungus or bacteria infestation, but why do we culturally speak as though the blame primarily rests upon these disease-associated organisms, when those who know know quite well that for the cannabis plants we are growing (the pink and black sh**...), whenever a disease arises, there is most-definitely an environmental detail that could have been changed to avoid the disease? I feel like the cellular-theory of disease is more accurate, at least for cannabis plants.

Howdy Lewisbeattie, As far as 'root rot' goes, from what I understand it is an algae, brown algae. The spores are ever present in the air (as with most algae, molds, and fungi) and when introduced into a prime growing environment, such as a hydroponic reservoir, grows and multiplies. The algae needs light, a food source, and temperatures above 72° F in order to thrive. Keeping the temperature below 70° F (but above 62° F for the plants) and blocking out ALL light intrusions the brown algae can be kept down
    I hope that this helps to clear things up.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X