Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! top leaves turns yellow (~white)

Hi everyone!
    So 22 days ago I started a new adventure and I planted 2 Bruce Banner auto (from Monster genetics) in a universal substrate under sunlight the day and led light 135w 6500K by night.
    Everything was ok until 6 days ago when I noticed that the top is turning yellow (near the white).
    I read that it's about iron deficiency, so I want your help to make the right diagnosis and of course give me a suitable solution with many thanks!
    And what about its general aspect? it's a sativa dominant, it's tall and not like the indica (northern lights auto which are big with big green leaves).
    Many thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

No thanks needed you burnt the plants up
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

It's pretty bad iron deficiency probably due to ph problems. If it's worth saving to you, I'd transplant it into a good soil and make sure to keep the ph under 7.

I would likely just start a new seed in better soil though.

Comment

• Sampagani
        Sampagani commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed, I think it's an iron problem at 90%! Yesterday as soon as I turned off the lights I vaporised a foliar fertilizer containing iron. The leaves today are turning green again.
        The problem is that the soil is at 5.5/6.5 pH and the others ( I have 2 Northern Lights Auto and one Feminised lemon haze) are doing well! Maybe it's a problem of the strain itself! I'm really sorry to live in a country where weed is illegal : I even can't ask for soil/lamps/fertilizer...without lying about the purpose!
        If I transplant it...where? There are no other substrate in the market and I can't buy online : custom's agent will stop the transportation and I'll be arrested! 😐😐
        Honestly I think it's a problem of overwatering because I already lost an other Bruce bane auto due to this problem. So maybe the excess water washed out the nutriments!
        Anyway I'll keep you posted and thanks for the quick help!

I agree, looks like you burnt the tops to me. I switched over from HPS to LED’s a few grows ago snd I learned two things right away...first lesson is if the manufacturer says 24” above canopy, stay atleast 24” above the canopy. Second lesson, see the first lesson bc by the time you realize the lights have been too low you’ve already burnt them

Comment

Back the lights off, they'll survive the burn and tell us about the soil. I see several possible problems in the leaf, most likely as FBL said there is a PH issue to go with the burn.

Comment

Hi everyone!
          I think it's an iron problem at 90%! Yesterday as soon as I turned off the lights I vaporised a foliar fertilizer containing iron. The leaves today are turning green again.
          The problem is that the soil is at 5.5/6.5 pH and the others ( I have 2 Northern Lights Auto and one Feminised lemon haze) are doing well! Maybe it's a problem of the strain itself!
          Attached Files

Comment

• lalaland
            lalaland commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that ever unusual! Will save this one in the memory banks for the future

My first guess was also an iron deficiency.
          give it too the roots with your water feeding.
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Sampagani
            Sampagani commented
            Editing a comment
            Can I water the roots with a foliar fertilizer ??

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow that I don’t know..
            just thought you had some iron fertilizer of some kind

• Sampagani
            Sampagani commented
            Editing a comment
            I asked an agronomist about watering the roots with a foliar fertilizer and he answered by yes! 30g of Fortal (tunisian fertilizer) in 10L of water.
            now they are in the dark, I'll turn on the lights after 2h and 30min.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X