3way meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3way meter

How many of you guys use these? I'm using it currently it for light. The thing is I think I've gotten light burn after I got my new light. I'm not sure.
    ok so I have my light set at 24 inches from top of flowering gorilla glue auto. That's the one I'm concerned about. The leaves edges, tips are burnt. The whole plant looks light green.
    The light is like 32in from tops of the veg/flowering zkittlez auto and a lemon cookies. They seem fine.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201009_111607.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	457786 what should the light meter read? What's to much? Direct sunlight thru window Maxes it out.
    I'm just tryin to give them the most without harm. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201009_111618.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	457789 now it still could be nute burn. Idk. Anyone more experienced know what's up?
    FF strawberry fields mix happy frog.
    Nutes are meigs fertilizer OG starter kit.Click image for larger version

Name:	20201009_111651.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	457788
    Attached Files
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

I don’t have a HLG but I have a couple Electric Sky’s which are very similar and these lights are surprisingly powerful. Just raise it up to 36” from top of your tallest plant and turn the dial down if it’s at 100%. I start my grows with the ES at the very top of the tent at 50% power and slowly increase the strength as the plants get older and bigger but I don’t lower the light or go above 65% strength until I switch to flower. After the switch I slowly increase the power each day as long as there’s no signs of it being too strong. Once I get to 100% I start to slowly lower the light until I get to 24” above the canopy (1” per day) Plants just can’t take 18+ hours of these lights anywhere close to full strength. I had same issues as you so I sent The Green Sunshine Co a email and that was their advice so I imagine HLG would be close. These lights don’t f around lol my first led grow was under 2 Viparspectra 450’s which run 200w each and I thought they sucked balls compared to HPS plus they’re loud as hell and not much cooler than HPS without a cooled hood to deal with the heat so I did more research and bought a ES300 which is 300w so it’s 100w less than what I had plus I started at about 75% bc 100% was so damn bright I knew better right off. Came back about an hour later to check and the plants looked like they’d been beat down. All the leafs were droopy! Sent them a email to which I got a response within an hour and it’s been nothing but rainbows snd fat buds ever since. Sorry to leave such a long reply but you have a stellar light, just have to be careful with it.

Comment

So what should the meter read? Max out from tops?
      100,500,1000,2000 what do them numbers mean?
      4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
      1x Slapz
      1x Quikz
      2x red runtz
      1x flo-see
      1x 2B blunt
      1x persian pie

Comment

I would not trust that meter, the one I had was not accurate, and it went into the trash. Better than nothing, but

Comment

Raise the lights. Too much of a good thing. I wouldn't trust that meter either.
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• HobbitGDF
            HobbitGDF commented
            Editing a comment
            Raise the lights? So I'm gonna raise them a little from the top of my flowers. I am starting to turn the light up tho because of the buds. I want it getting full power before harvest. Hopefully the zkittlez are far enough along and switching into flower now at 4 weeks. So hopefully they will get their stretch on and be ready for the light when they get that tall.
            That meter works ok, the moisture works, the PH part isnt right alot, and the light meter works fine. My question that no one knows or answered is....

What is the meter supposed to read when at the tops of my flowering plant?
            Theres 100, 500, 1000,2000 and all the in between. What do the numbers represent on the meter?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X