Harvesting for Seeds or CBD strains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvesting for Seeds or CBD strains

I have a couple questions and thought I'd put them together here. I've seen plenty of information about how to determine when to harvest for strongest THC potency. But I can't find anything about when to harvest for seeds or CBD.
    What do I look for on a plant that has been pollinated, to harvest at the time when seeds are fully developed? Do I have to worry about freezing?
    What do I look for on a CBD-heavy strain that I am harvesting for CBD potency?

Seed take 40 day to mature after pollination, pollination usually doesn't happen until the third week of flower so for a time line atleast 61 days from start of flower but longer is better.

CBD is predetermined in the plant and can be taking in most stages, are you growing hemp? 30:1? 1:1? Or high thc with low cbd?
    Space for Rent.

Comment

• Professor
      Professor commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Mr. furley. I'm thinking of growing hi cbd lo thc for a person with anxiety. I don't know particulars and don't even have the seeds yet.
      I've got a plant that I *think* is pollinated outside that got a late start.
      I'm looking for visible cues, like we look for % of red hairs or % of foggy and brown trichomes.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      A 30:1 or a 1:1 should be harvest at 80% cloudy tricromes, this would be max Cbd, max thc, and no CBN.

calyx will swell if there is seeds, you can some times see this without feeling around and if left long enough the seed will poke out a little when ripe. Typically seeds are ready when buds are done.

I give seed 6 weeks to mature on the plant, then you can pluck one out to see just how it looks.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Very good information as i'm trying to go this route also Professor which strain do you have if i may ask? And thanks to you also Mr.furley and Rwise.

I've been growing cannabis for quite some time and six weeks was always enough time for a sprout to become a more suitable plant. I gave it up over time because it was taking up a lot of my time. So I decided to use a ready-made product which I found at infinity-cbd.co.uk. I particularly like chocolate with cannabis or some concentrate of the product. Also, cbd oils have been effective for me in combating anxiety and worry. This unique product in any form is very effective. If you happen to be interested in this, be brave enough to ask me any questions about this product
    Last edited by proctor; 04-13-2021, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the tips here! I am looking for some anti-anxiety strains, I have already found one for me, but the more the better I am also thinking about some supplements from this Canadian pharmacy, for example which should help me beat my anxiety too. What do you think about those? Maybe you can recommend something interesting and working from there, it will help!
      Last edited by poeras; 04-30-2021, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X