LST 1st grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LST 1st grow?

Being my 1st grow all the info I read says don't mess with lst. But my other plant is so small will they grow together ok if I dont train. Also not sure if the curling doesn't look too bad my daughter cranked the heat in the basement. also she just got fed monday morning so maybe a little nutrient shock?
    Vivosun 5x3 tent, AC Infinity T6 fan, Vivosun carbon filter,5 gallon fabric pots, coco-coir, 600watt Vivosun MH/HPS

Plants look great. Definitely DO mess with LST as it can give you much bigger yields if done correctly. Main gwe site has many tutorials

Comment

ok thank you she still has a week or so b4 I need to start trying to bend her over?
      Vivosun 5x3 tent, AC Infinity T6 fan, Vivosun carbon filter,5 gallon fabric pots, coco-coir, 600watt Vivosun MH/HPS

Comment

• 420Cndee
        420Cndee commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok I did not mean for that to sound dirty

• MagicMike66
        MagicMike66 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha it didn’t but now it does

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve never thought of those words as dirty. I will now, every single time😂😂 I might even grunt from now on when I do it.

Yeah I’d wait till these new nodes grow a big bigger. Get some flexible soft wires or pipe cleaners, ties them to the plants and tie them back to the pot to keep them in place. Just dont forget to loosen the ties as the plants grow or you’ll cut off a cola lol. Topping them is also a great and easy way to increase yield

Comment

ok wow thanks for all the advice I will try some lst maybe save topping for next grow when I have more than 2 plants lol

Comment

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly, I recommend topping. Your biggest plant is probably ready. It's such a quick, simple snip and you'll exponentially increase your colas. I'm in the midst of my third harvest and have topped almost all of my plants...one of my biggest regrets from my first auto grow - I didn't top two of my four plants. Today, I'm slogging through the drudgery of harvest - trimming, hanging, prepping my rim/larf buds for hash and hash oil, etc. I have three plants in 3 gallon fabric (smart) pots. With your 5 gallon pots, big tent, fans and light, you could be poised for a significantly larger harvest than I got this time. I also recommend not stressing too much. It seems you have a great set up - WELCOME AND ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

• 420Cndee
          420Cndee commented
          Editing a comment
          That was my #1 Priority I figured go all out on tent fans supply's etc. I am not a green thumb at all but am baker by trade so figure I can science it up lol.

Ok bit the bullet and tipped her

Comment

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          It seems so simple but it's arguably the BEST advice I received from GWE. I can't tell from the photo - you did leave a small stump, right?

• 420Cndee
          420Cndee commented
          Editing a comment
          guess it is kind of hard to see zoomed in but yes I cut right between 2 little growth tips leaving a little stump between them tried to do it exactly as I watched in a couple you tube videos lol.

You don’t mess about do you. Do you know what node you topped at? Usually you do it at a specific node point, otherwise this can really stunt growth. Also, Is this an auto flower?

Comment

I do not know what node. yes it is an autoflower she had 2- 3 point leaves and 2 -5 point leaves with 2 more 5 point leaves on the way these were the ones clipped. And I guess if I mess up I just start some more seeds I have about 30 still to go from what I ordered. I cant keep stressing all the time I just have to do or else I tend to overthink way too much.

Comment

how long does it usually take to notice if its ok or not?

Comment

Some pics different angles in natural light after toping

Comment

she's 19 days old counting from when she popped out of the coco

Comment

Originally posted by 420Cndee View Post
                  I do not know what node. yes it is an autoflower she had 2- 3 point leaves and 2 -5 point leaves with 2 more 5 point leaves on the way these were the ones clipped. And I guess if I mess up I just start some more seeds I have about 30 still to go from what I ordered. I cant keep stressing all the time I just have to do or else I tend to overthink way too much.
                  You jumped the gun and will see a substantial reduction in yield. Make a note of it and top the next above the fifth multi-fingered leaf node and you'll notice the increase in yield. With autos I always start my node count at first multi-fingered node, not the single leaf after the cotyledons. Just grower preference learned through experience. It's like harvesting deer. Would you take this young buck or let him grow a few more nodes?

Comment

Well damn now I'm a plant butcher I can dwell on that for a couple days and learn. thank you for the information. Now as for the deer that is a completely different thing I'm not a trophy hunter and prefer younger less "gamey" deer but like you said its preference. lol

Comment

• BR2K
                      BR2K commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You never know, you could get lucky. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X