what trichomes to look at for harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what trichomes to look at for harvest?

somebody told me to check the trichomes on the buds/calix,i was reading on GWE on google plus and seen people saying to go by the trichomes on the sugar leaves and basically anywere on the plant to tell when to harvest

Buds r best milkie to amber works for me .02$

Comment

• Love The Rain
      Love The Rain commented
      Editing a comment
      i understand that,but im talking about what parts of the plant do u look at trichomes for harvest? leaves stems?

Look at the buds, and even then there will differences between top buds and bottom buds. For me milky trichomes with a few ~5% amber is best on top buds.

Comment

Good question! I was inspecting mine and it is very different all over.

I'm thankful for this "growing" community and for this plant!

Romans 10:9, 10 Jesus is Lord!

Comment

The frosty looking little thingies
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I think of it like this. There's evidently older calyxes and pistils and new ones are appearing all the time. So imagine the flower in its last weeks. Most of the flower has been produced and its now focusing on cannabinoids. So the calyxes on the exterior are older than the ones in the interior. In other words you check the ones on the outside and try to wait as long as you can before the resin on the outside starts to degrade. Meaning check all the tricomes all over. Find the most mature buds and be aware fort the first amber ones. This means the tricomes are king to degrade faster than they been produced. That's the "right time". The calyxes on the interior are just behind maturity wise. Bottom line. You look all over for the first amber ones then chop chop hope I explained myself

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
            The frosty looking little thingies
            That sounds scientific!

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Its Canadian eh

Hi, if you look at the little mushroom shaped things all around bud/flowers that is trichomes people are talking about. Hope that helps?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fozzy View Post
                Good question! I was inspecting mine and it is very different all over.
                Two of my plants were like this at harvest...top/older buds were ready but lower ones still had all white pistols and alotta clear trichomes. You can always take the ones that are ready and leave the others a few more days. I just did this on a Blue Kush today. I don't like it because the plant looks awful all hacked up like that lol but you gotta do what you gotta do! Zoom in & you'll see the main stem is cut. I took 80% of the buds and left the lower immature ones.

Comment

• fozzy
                  fozzy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So how much more did they mature in those couple days?

• rwdyredhead
                  rwdyredhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well on the 1st one I had to go ahead and take them a little earlier than I would have liked-just 3 days after taking the 1st buds- due to having to be away for a few days but you could leave them as long as it took for them to ripen. The one I cut yesterday is going to need nearly a week I think.

• fozzy
                  fozzy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see good info! Thanks

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X