Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Nute Question

Hello fellow cannabis lovers,
    I’m using the Fox Farm Trio, along with their Ocean Forest soil. After looking at the feeding schedule, it calls to use a few of the products together. But I’ve read to only use half of what the company schedule calls for. Therefore, I’m wondering should I even use the products together? And if so, should I mix them into the same container or use different sprayer all together for each product?
    thank you for your help.

I understand that soil has a few micro ferts in it right? If the plants growing in it start to yellow after a time that's when i start the veg food. I don't feed the way the product tells me.......i feed what the needs of the plants are. Grow with nitro......Bloom when buds appear. I'm sorry if this was not helpful. I do use fox farms grow big if my plants look yellow during veg stage. but i use a different bloom product in bloom. I fix other leaf issues with other organic fixes, i don't use alot of products.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I’m a first timer so take it for what it’s worth. I’m using FF trio plus wholly mackerel, I started at one third strength and now am up to two thirds. I just mixed a veg mix WM, grow big, and big bloom all mixed together in the same water. So far I’ve had no problem mixing all together.

Comment

Kinda like SoOrbudgal I do a little bit of my own thing now but I grew with your exact setup for years. Growing in FFOF soil using their exact feeding schedule at 1/2 strength for each product you’ll have healthy plants with no deficiencies and no nutes burn. Just make sure to alternate feedings with plain water and keep your ph in range. I always started adding 1tbsp per gallon of CalMag after switching to flower but it’s not necessary.

And yes mix them all together then check ph, adjust it to range then water plants. For example I believe their week one of veg calls for 4tbsp of Big Bloom and 2tsp of Grow Big so you’ll use 2tbsp of Big Bloom and 1tsp of Grow Big mixed into 1 gallon of water.
        Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 10-04-2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I use the FF trio and FFoF/Happy Frog dirt. I do half-strength of the trio mixed in with the water and adjust based on response/strain. Haven't had any issues.
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Hi ForMyHealth,

I just saw this post. When I started growing years ago I started out with Fox Farm nutes and soil. Unfortunately, I did not initially read the part of the instructions about mixing nutes with one another. So when making up my nutes I would add each of them to an empty one gallon jug which seemed more efficient to me and then added the water. This is wrong and backwards and caused me a lot of issues until I learned that if one uses this method the nutrients will bind with one another and not be available to my 'girls'. Add water first, then each nutrient. I would generally shake the jug after adding each nutrient. You probably are not doing this but just in case I wanted to share this with you.
            Last edited by Organic357; 11-22-2020, 03:32 PM.
            5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
            3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
            Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X