Water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water pump

Any suggestions on how to keep the roots from growing into the water pump in a Bubbleponics system. Thank you

I spent more than a year doing research (reading and talking to growers I know) one of them was the manager of a grow store. He gave me 3 different catalogs ( I no longer have) in one of them there was a bag made for putting around the pump. It is something I have thought of adding but is low on my list of priority's since so far I have been able to just tear down my pumps enough to clear them of roots remnants and be able to clean and reuse them. The bags may be something you can find to help you.

Comment

My pump is located outside of the reservoir. The pump top feeds the plants and the return is through a 3" pipe between the plant and the res. This help keeps the roots out of pump and clogging pipe and pump does not heat reservoir. I got system from PAHydroponics (no relationship financial or otherwise). They have various videos on utube and add dot com and you have the website. The instructional videos are set up for dyi but of course they are willing to construct and provide for a fee. They also have system that I assume is similar to your set up and they mentioned that they reverse direction of pump flow to help with (not resolve) their situation.
      “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
      ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

• Pops
        Pops commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I will check it out

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X