Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harvest now, or wait?

Hello my Friends,
    so a had a plant that was in the flowering stage, and I decided to cut off a few of the bottom branches. one of them i planted, and after a month or so, it started growing. fast forward to today, is a small plant with a few rock hard buds. the water leaves has been dying off for the last week and a half, so I have been monitoring the tricomes. they have been all cloudy for the last week, but no amber. so not sure if I should keep waiting, or go ahead a harvest tomorrow. What to you guys say? unfortunately, my scope doesn't take pics, so I can't share how the tricomes look.
    Attached Files

Thats a fatty bud, should be some great smoke.

I like to wait until I see at least a bit of amber. I'm in the same boat, milky trichomes and should have finished last week, but I'm still waiting to see the amber in there before I chop. You could go either way, but I'm waiting another week.

Comment

hi Chad, i agree, i'm going to wait another week. i'm just excited to start another grow, and I need the tent to do so, lol!

Comment

The last few weeks of flower, I usually lose my interest because everything that can be done, has been done and my mind is already focused and thinking about all the potential of the new grow. I think I feel what you are saying. Always good to be patient with the harvest. It seems the ending (harvest / drying / curing) is the part of the process that requires the most patience.

Comment

Ahhhhh the awful word is patience so much time so much care we get it. But it will happen some plants just stall and say " when i feel ready you'll know ". It's a very trying time waiting. What i've been doing is removing large leaves knowing it's just going to be 2-3 days. Makes me feel good anyway opens up the windows of my plants.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

as the late great Tom Petty said "the waiting it the hardest part". I think I'll trim of some of the yellow fan leaves, so I feel like i'm doing something, LOL

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X