I bought a tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! I bought a tent

And i don’t like my tent and it has nothing to do with the model or if it’s of good quality. It’s the object per se.
    After a first plant that grew and had to be cut this summer in a room without venting, i bought a tent. It’s not going to smell i said to her.

It’s a 2*4*6. A 400w HID at 50% 5 feet up and the hygrometer on the floor after only 30 minutes of light reads:

32 Celsius
    37% RH

I’m thinking that some serious fan power is going to be needed to keep the temp in the good range this winter. My question is this: how hard is (are) the fan(s) going to run when connected to a solid temp/rh controller? Also are you guys growing with the tent closed all the time? I’m interested in the “living with it” because this tent freaks me out. Hi!

You will need a fan no matter what as your plants need the air circulation to thrive

Comment

ye tent closed all the time how close are u living to tent u need intake and outtake fan u want to get silent ones more exspensive look at decibell level how much air they move

Comment

I'd recommend an air-cooled hood, they dramatically help keep the heat down. HPS in a tent is tricky, usually a 4x4 is the smallest footprint I would use one in. Smaller tents get too hot and it's really hard to control the environment with HPS in a small tent. There are a lot of good LED out there, I like the quantum board style. That might be a good alternative for your tent.

With the quantum board (Spider Farmer 1000) I can keep the tent closed in the winter and it stays the right temp. In the summer, I have to open the door on it. If you put the door facing the wall, the light will shine on that as opposed to the door facing the main living area, where you get the floodlight effect from an open door.

Comment

I leave all my flaps open when lights are on even door flaps are half way open. I just close them up when lights out at 12/12 on photos. We don't mind smell and we run LEDs. Even when i run them in winter i can close it up with just lower door vents open won't go above 83f. Autos now you can have light leaks all day long they don't care they love light.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            My door flaps are open wide during lights on too. They're in the living room so I fight temps during the Winter too when we start the furnace.

Thanks everyone for the views and ideas.

I will put the tent on a plateform with wheels.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X