Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long term outdoor grower transitioning to NEW INDOOR grow - advice appreciated :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long term outdoor grower transitioning to NEW INDOOR grow - advice appreciated :)

Hi all,

I’m going to give indoor growing a try for the first time. Any wisdom to share? What are the major differences I should keep in mind? I have some questions but feel free to share anything that you think of.

I can do a max of four but was thinking maybe I should just focus on two? ​​​​​​​

Fabric pots? Plastic totes?

Tent/light/fan suggestions?

Will my attic be ok?

Does timing matter? Is there a best time to start?

Best strains? Auto-flower?

Thank you so much for any help you can pass on. And thank you all again for welcoming me into this community, it’s so fun to talk about this hobby!

❤️🌳

Hi Amy, where you grow indoors depends on your climate. I would never recommend an attic because of the heat factor. Wherever you can create an environment w/ controllable humidity and a temp between 70-80F (depending on where you're at in the grow) is best.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• amy24
      amy24 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have done lots of research on here over the years, I appreciate all the advice so much! I think I have a pretty good idea from outdoors but know it will be a learning curve. Looking forward to trying it out, NOT in the attic

Like alltatup mentioned, unless you’re in a climate that stays fairly cool with low humidity I’d stay away from the attic. I prefer a tent over a open room grow because it’s much easier to control the climate and light leaks during flower. I’ll veg in a open area if a plant outgrows my veg tent before getting flipped but I only flower in a controlled environment anymore. I think you’ll find this style much easier. For all your other questions it’s all depends on what medium you go with to grow in, tent size ect ect ...plenty of info on this site though so you’re in luck

Comment

Originally posted by amy24 View Post
      Hi all,

I’m going to give indoor growing a try for the first time. Any wisdom to share? What are the major differences I should keep in mind? I have some questions but feel free to share anything that you think of.

I can do a max of four but was thinking maybe I should just focus on two?

Fabric pots? Plastic totes?

Tent/light/fan suggestions?

Will my attic be ok?

Does timing matter? Is there a best time to start?

Best strains? Auto-flower?

Thank you so much for any help you can pass on. And thank you all again for welcoming me into this community, it’s so fun to talk about this hobby!

❤️🌳
      Either pot style will work. If going with fabric pots, I always want the ones with handles on the side. Without it, they can be clumsy to move around, they don't slide across the floor like the plastic would. I prefer plastic pots with good holes at the bottom.

For gear, what is your budget? I can spend anywhere from $400 to $4,000 for you Many tents are the same, just different name on it. Ac Infinity if my favorite fan company and Spider-Farmer LED is a good mid-level entry point for lighting. Knowing the size of your tent will also help pick a light that will cover the desired square footage
      As these guys have said, the attic likely will be too hot and have too wide of temperature swings. It's not easy keeping the attic a stable environment.

Timing of when you start doesn't matter so much, the timer begins once you start the plants.

Look for an easy to grow, mold resistant strain. By reading the descriptions at seed banks, you can get answers to those two items. Afghani #1 by Sensi Seeds is a nice one.

​​​​​​​It's a fun hobby, I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it.

Comment

• amy24
        amy24 commented
        Editing a comment
        ChadWestport thank you for all your advice over the last little while! I was thinking that was true in timing, but wanted to make sure. I have some leftover white widow seeds that I got for the mold purpose, I saw lots of people growing that indoors, so maybe I’ll just try that. I’m so excited! Maybe I’ll wait til I finish trimming my outdoor first tho

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        White widow is supposed to be a great indoor strain. Haven't grown it myself, would like to , but that would be an ideal candidate for you. haha, definitely finish trimming first, it seems like it never ends and if you add a sparkly new toy in the room, you're going to want to play with the new toy, not trim lol

• amy24
        amy24 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are so right 😆

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X