Cloning stasis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning stasis?

How long do you wait for your clones to start showing roots?
    This is my first time cloning and didn't have the best start due to timing and logistics/equipment..
    I'm at day 15 and am not seeing any obvious roots though they are still standing up and have had some growth at the tops.
    They're in a cloning tray with dome, heating pad, cfl light, jiffy pellets and cloning gel. Though as I mentioned above due to circumstances, setting up was more like 1,2,5 and then 4 3... instead of starting at 1 and working through the numbers like a normal person would do.. 😆
    Cheers everyone!

In my clone machine, it's usually 8 to 10 days. When I've planted directly into soil it would take 14 or so days. I haven't tried your method. Is the tip staying wet?

Comment

I don't know?!?! Thats why I asked. How long do I keep these lik babies going for? Will they just keep going with the light, water and warmth but grow no roots?
      IDK?!
      Cheers ChadWestport

Comment

eventually they will start to turn yellow as they require nutrients and the only place to get it without roots is from the leaf reserves. You've got to make sure that the base of the stalk has constant, oxygenated water around it. Without that, it won't grow new roots. Are the leaves drooping?

Comment

When you placed the clones in the jiffy pellets did you notice the clones would rolled around in the holes when you pick them up? If you pick them up now are they stable? Then they have set roots. 5 to 15 days I get roots out the pellets and I'd say if they aren't dead at 15 days are stable then you are probably good. Pictures?
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I have this one strain that has taken up to 20 days to root with a failure rate of 60%. Others that are rooting at just over a week.

Comment

Mr.furley and lalaland.. I have roots!! 😁 Today when I came home from work, 1 of the clones had obvious roots poking out from the sides!!
              Mr.furley.. Yes, they all seem quite stable in their 'foundation's' and as I mentioned, they all have new growth and seem to be thriving except for the lack of root sign..
              I suppose my original question should be..., "How to tell when your clones will not becoming a new plant?"...?!?
              Cheers for input guy's 😊

Comment

• lalaland
                lalaland commented
                Editing a comment
                Yay!!! Go girls go!!!

ChadWestport.. the leaves aren't drooping, they look happy! As I mentioned in my previous reply, I HAVE ROOTS!! 😁..(just today, just 1..) but its given me confidence that maybe the other's will be AOK too!!
              Thank you..😊

Comment

That is indeed great news! Usually if the leaves aren't drooping, I will still hold out hope.

Comment

I have 3 out of 5 now sprouting roots!! Happy Days!! 😆

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X