air cooled hood suck or blow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air cooled hood suck or blow?

I have an air cooled hood on the way so hopefully whenever need be or if need be I can turn my light up to 400 or 600 watts how do I set that up do I have the exhaust fan suck air out after the light or blow it out before the light if that even makes sense or matters?
    Vivosun 5x3 tent, AC Infinity T6 fan, Vivosun carbon filter,5 gallon fabric pots, coco-coir, 600watt Vivosun MH/HPS

It does if You care about smell, better to have any air leak in the hood blowing filtered air back into the tent than sucking unfiltered air to the outside. You want filter>fan>hood>vent

Comment

thank you I was thinking that but I have seen pictures showing filter>hood>fan>vent. Just another case of all the different information the more I read sometimes I feel the less I understand.
      Vivosun 5x3 tent, AC Infinity T6 fan, Vivosun carbon filter,5 gallon fabric pots, coco-coir, 600watt Vivosun MH/HPS

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
        It does if You care about smell, better to have any air leak in the hood blowing filtered air back into the tent than sucking unfiltered air to the outside. You want filter>fan>hood>vent
        That is how I have set it up as well. Air-cooled make a huge difference in temps. My 400w would only add about 5 degrees with the hood cooled in a 3x3x8 space. Couldn't have run it without the air-cooled hood.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X