Working light color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working light color

Is there a color of light that can be used to light up a flowering grow room so that one can go in and work on plants equipment or whatever. Something that allows you to see but does not disrupt the dark cycle?

green is the color

Comment

So, a green light will illuminate the workspace without disrupting the dark period during flower?

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Taken from https://www.growweedeasy.com/color-s...green-spectrum

Neat fact! Although your plant can respond to green light in some ways, it can’t “see” green when it comes to photoperiods and knowing when it’s day or night. So you can actually use green light to look at your plants in the dark and it won’t interrupt their dark period at all!

Use green light to check on plants in the dark so you don’t disturb their sleep!

Howdy smoorman, The green spectrum will not adversely affect the photo period of the plants. I have been using the active eye green lantern head lamp that is worn on Your head, freeing up Your hands. I uxe mine to check the temperaatures in the reservoirs and to change out the ice bottles during the 'lights off' period and it has worked well, worth the cost (I think that I paid around $10 for it).
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

That's why these tents have green film on windows. Mine does to peak at plants with lights on.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for the response everyone. Off to the store for the green light!

Comment

Ordered. Thanks again.

Comment

So I ordered this and it seems to work great. I like it.
              My grow room has 2 overhead ceiling lights that are turned on with a standard switch. Is there any reason to think that LED multi color bulbs that come with a remote and have a green color amongst many other colors would present a problem? If the green is green to the naked eye the plants will see it as green also?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X