X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Stunted growth

My plants are not growing according to the time,
    Below I am sharing picture of my auto and photoperiod
    They both are month old and third plant Jack herer even after washing showing nuts burn on old leaves.
    please help,it’s my first grow.

Comment

Tips of all 3 plants are showing signs of nite burn though I have reduced it by half
      I am giving Nutes every other day with 1L water and I can see water draining from below.

Comment

You can see signs of mute burn in jack herer which is the tallest plant plus old leaves are dying from bottom and new leaves are coming.

Comment

Size wise they’re about where they should be after 4wks. Autos should start taking off any day now. The photos could be a little bigger but it’s your first grow. Sounds to me like you’re watering too much. You should only water when the medium is dry, not every other day just to do it. Plus you want those roots to have to look for water so they’ll spread out and fully develop.

Went through your pics again and your plants look healthy. One pic looked like a few tips showed slight nute burn but nothing major. What medium are you using? I can’t tell if it’s a coco mix or soil mix
          Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 10-01-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Ansh2910
            Ansh2910 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am growing in coco and have no idea why still tips are burning,I have already washed the soil twice and reduced Nutes by half already.
            Now I will give Nutes only weekly
            Let’s see

IMO you are over watering which is stunting growth. The pots are a little big for their size tho if auto the you usually start in final pot. I start my seeds in solo cups and transplant when roots have grown to bottom of cup then transplant into final pot. Its hard for small plants to search out for water if medium is always wet so water to runoff and let pot get light then water again. Early on that can be once a week. Once the root system has filled out pot then you get vertical growth spurts. Without letting plant develop healthy root system you are stunting plant. Water when the plant wants it not on a schedule.

Comment

All the signs you see from “nute burn” could just come from bad water practice as tersky is saying.
            Overwatering can show a lot of different symptoms.
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I am growing in coco coir
              can anyone please suggest me Nutes and feeding schedule and when to do it and when
              Temp is around 28c
              humidity around 65%
              I am feeding Nutes every other day(100ml)
              Prepared a 1L solution using the chart.

Comment

Comment

I am using as suggested for tomatoes with 1/2 strength(p2)
                  1.5 ml grow
                  0.75 Ml nutes
                  1/2ml cal mag
                  1L solution

Comment

Look. This is how i water/feed coco. When plant is young i grow in solo cup so as to not run into issues getting quick root development. I buffer coco and ph my ffedings and water to 6.0. Once roots are coming out of bottom of solo cup i transplant to larger pot. I go straight to 3-5 gal pot. Then i water to 10%-20% runoff and wait until pot gets light then water/feed again. I use this method all throughout plant life. This means it can be a week between waterings if plant is still young and doesnt have the right root system or it can bee every day or two in late flower. Dont water every day or every other day until plant has root system developed. I have seen you keep asking this question. Use 1/2 recommended nutes to start and feed/water when pot feels light to pick up. Thats really all there is to it.

Comment

I had a similar experience with my current grow. My problem I believe was overwatering. OMG, they took forever to recover though all of mine were a lemon-lime coloring so I had different symptoms to yours except that they too weren't thriving..
                      With them being in big pots, make sure when you water that you do it around the root zone. (I was possibly overzealous in Under-watering once I clicked at the problem, it comes down to being able to spot something going wrong as quick as you can and then fixing it)
                      Dont despair!! They're quite resilient as I've found and once recovered have gone mental!! 😆
                      Good Luck!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X