am i watering right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am i watering right?

hi fellow growers, my 1st grow and its a learning curve thats for sure, ive been watering my plants from the top with a watering can but should i be watering from the bottom in the Little trays? so the roots suck it up? is there a difference???

I'm new to it as well but from what I've learned so far, you get better help if you give more details such as... I'm growing in Soil.. Coco..
    Indoors/outdoors 😉

Comment

so growing 5 x plants
      in coco
      grow room marshydro 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m
      1000 led light marshydro
      20 on 4 off
      full nutrients

Comment

Always water from the top to run off then get the runoff water out of there so the roots aren’t getting drowned in standing water. I use a small wet vac

Comment

Originally posted by Nicknick182 View Post
          so growing 5 x plants
          in coco
          grow room marshydro 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m
          1000 led light marshydro
          20 on 4 off
          full nutrients
          Nice setup, are you just going with just the one light?
          I went with a smaller tent 60m120/180cm and 2x TS1000 lights. (all Mars Hydro as well)

Comment

bboyfromwayback how much water do i give them? is there a standard amount? i dont get water coming out of the bottom of my pots, i dunno just new to it all, plants are looking healthy but showing yellow tips, so im monitoring that

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              bboyfromwayback commented
              Editing a comment
              The amount varies depending on the size of plant and the pot. I lift my pots and don’t water until they’re extremely light. A old plant that’s growing like a weed may need 1-2 gallons of water daily where a young plant may only consume 1/2 gallon every 3-4 days. I’d rather give a plant less water than too much bc you can always give more water but if you saturate the medium too much it may stay wet snd heavy for a long time which isn’t good.

• Nicknick182
              Nicknick182 commented
              Editing a comment
              to be honest after watering today i thought to myself they feel heavier, good rule of thumb to use, thanks for the advise, 😉

Originally posted by JSH1973 View Post

Nice setup, are you just going with just the one light?
            I went with a smaller tent 60m120/180cm and 2x TS1000 lights. (all Mars Hydro as well)
            yeah atm, i will get the bigger light further on but this grow is really trail and error, bear this in mind for the 1st 2 weeks my poor plants had no nurteints due to me thinking coco soil had it all in lol

its only laughable because i managed to save them, 😉

Comment

by Nebula Haze Coco coir (often referred to simply as “coco”) is the most flexible grow medium. Made out of coconut shells that would otherwise be thrown away, this unique substance has surprising benefits for cannabis plants. Coco coir is made of coconut husks that have been ground up. It is often sold as compressed bricks...

Ever wondered how to use coco coir blocks to make a cannabis-friendly rich potting mix? This tutorial breaks it down...

by Nebula Haze Growing cannabis in coco coir is similar to growing in soil, but also a little different. Considering all the opinions about watering out on the internet, it can be difficult to know how to water plants properly. When exactly do you water plants in coco? How much water do you give them...
              TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
              EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
              AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
              IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Nicknick182
                Nicknick182 commented
                Editing a comment
                and there you have it!!! many thanks that is perfect, 😁

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X