Foxtails and amber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foxtails and amber

So, if plants near maturity or even if they are not, when foxtailing does occur the trichs on it are clear. Seems like you'd just be chasing your tail waiting for amber on foxtails. Almost all of my autos have foxtails now. I'm tempted to just harvest them and see what it's like. What's everyone else do?

Show us a few pictures if you can. And what strains are you growing ? Sativa tend to foxtalling like my thai girls and as for the trichomes I look at mines on the flower and not at the foxtail well that's me lolll I check them when they are cloudy and amber, my preference.

What makes long thin buds grow on top of your regular buds? And when is fox-tailing perfectly normal? Also, why do new white pistils keep appearing on almost-done buds?
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

If they do foxtail - could be to intense light or light too far away.
      don’t look at the new growth with new hairs. Look at the slight older bud grow and look at the trichromatic there.
      They should be more mature than the new growth
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's too much light (500w led actual L301b in a 2x4 tent and too close to plants) but there was a period where there was also too much nutes. I fed them before the coco loco had used up it's nutes. There is amnesia haze, durban poison, tangerine dream. Not sure if the pictures do it justice but I can feel the nodules everywhere.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200929_184720_resized.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	394.9 KB
ID:	454588Click image for larger version

Name:	20200929_184641_resized.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	454589Click image for larger version

Name:	20200929_184653_resized.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	421.7 KB
ID:	454590Click image for larger version

Name:	20200929_184735_resized.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	454591Click image for larger version

Name:	20200929_184814_resized.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	698.5 KB
ID:	454592

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice buds but I would say I don't see any foxtails so far.

2 of the plants have the biggest buds already removed.

Comment

All the close up pictures - I don’t see any foxtails?
          yea I see a lot of nutrients has been giving, pretty normal.
          i think you are good. Just wait a couple of weeks for the harvest.
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Looks like light or heat stress to me

Comment

Those are good looking buds, not any major fox tailing that sticks out at me..... sticks out.... foxtails..... see what I did there...? :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by ChadWestport View Post
                Those are good looking buds, not any major fox tailing that sticks out at me..... sticks out.... foxtails..... see what I did there...? :rofl:
                You're high dude. That's good. It's hard to capture in photos but the new growth bumps are all over. I'm just curious about the resulting new generation of trichomes resulting from the new growth.

Comment

• ChadWestport
                  ChadWestport commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Likely I was. Not at the moment though, working on it. Good question and very valid point about trichome development. I honestly don't have a good answer for that and it is making me wonder. So once I'm high, I'll likely trip down that rabbit hole and hopefully find a good answer. My hypothesis is that they remain clear, milky at best but I am not aware of any rapid trichome maturing mechanisms.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X