Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best way to clean inside of tent, making sure potential bugs are dead dead dead???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best way to clean inside of tent, making sure potential bugs are dead dead dead???

I wanted to clean my tent before I start up again because I had some plants in there from outside. They had caterpillars and I thought maybe other things.

So I went to misting the inside with a bleach water solution----then I thought, HOLY SHIT! WHAT AM I DOING? what if the bleach destroys the tent finish?

What is the recommended way to do this? everything smells like bleach now and I'm unhappy about that.

thanks
    Last edited by Cronk; 09-29-2020, 03:11 PM.
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

I donโ€™t think it will destroy the tent.
    but I use alcohol to clean my entire grow tent every time.
    or my wife does ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I never used bleach- think itโ€™s an American thing to do ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜…
    Just because people are over 50 doesnโ€™t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the โ€œbestโ€ lol

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      lol no offence taken my man. There are a lot of differences between american and european ways of doing things. I try to think logically and know that bleach smell lingers where alcohol doesnt linger as much. I still tend to do things the american way in a lot of things but thats because i was taught by americans. Always like to hear different ways of doing things tho!

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I found that out in Afghanistan when I served with some rangers. But that is just military Stuff.

Itโ€™s fun to see how differently we do things across the pond.
      Or even in Europe, from country too country.
      I miss the original Danish pastries here in Portugal. There a literally no good pastries or cakes in this country ๐Ÿ˜‚

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Youโ€™re right, we tend to bleach the shit out of everything here lol

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
    I donโ€™t think it will destroy the tent.
    but I use alcohol to clean my entire grow tent every time.
    or my wife does ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

we are steady in our ways if nothing else.
    Last edited by Cronk; 09-29-2020, 03:16 PM.
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Nevertheless - I donโ€™t have any thing in my tent after the alcohol ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
      Just because people are over 50 doesnโ€™t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the โ€œbestโ€ lol

Comment

Cold pressed Orange Oil. Organic (d-limonene, one of many terpenes in cannabis) and the finest cleaner/solvent known to man. Also used as a drench in my grows to destroy arthropods. Smells heavenly. Medina brand is great. Use in your laundry as well. Bleach is for idiots, not you.

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          Like this idea.

Here check this : https://whatforme.com/how-to-clean-grow-tent
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Leave it empty for a few days and bugs will die. Then clean with a cloth and a bucket of water. If you want to disinfect use pine oil. Smells amazing and kills everything. Itโ€™s a common household cleaner ingredient

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Also like this as well. To clarify you mean pine oil not pine sol right?

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah good old natural pine tree oil. Sold very concentrated for disinfecting floors

• ChadWestport
            ChadWestport commented
            Editing a comment
            Just leaving it empty for a few days won't take care of any eggs waiting to hatch. It it wise to leave it empty for a short time but there also needs to be a chemical or natural agent added to sanitize.

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
          lol, you so nailed me and what I was going to say. Reminds me of getting called out in Amsterdam for being American because when the guy asked to borrow a lighter, I handed him a Bic. Apparently everyone in the EU uses clipper lighters.

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹But yeah, bleach at a solution of 1:20 with water. ah, you kill me CaptainWiese91

Comment

• Xena
            Xena commented
            Editing a comment
            Everyone I know still uses a Bic.....lighter and ink pen.

• ChadWestport
            ChadWestport commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainWiese91 You kill me - in the, you're too funny and my side is hurting laughing way. My answer was entirely predicted by you.

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ohh I see ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
            Was way to high yesterday ๐Ÿคฃ

Set of a bug bomb, Ace Hardware like ,ten bucks.

Comment

If you are in America you can get Trump to throw a nuke in it, just like with the hurricanes :-)

Comment

• ChadWestport
              ChadWestport commented
              Editing a comment
              Sometimes, I lie and tell people I'm Canadian.

What about these UV lights they are now using to sterilize a lot of things with? There would be no leftover anything to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
              What about these UV lights they are now using to sterilize a lot of things with? There would be no leftover anything to deal with.
              I think that more for bacteria than bugs, it would be great though to have a bug killing grow light for weed ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                We use UV A and UV B in the grow room and in nature, these lights as I understand them are UV C which kills everything (I have to wonder just how safe they are), I would give up that they may not be strong enuf to do the job, and more a sales gimmick.

• Cronk
                Cronk commented
                Editing a comment
                THey do kill mold in my basement. They give off a bit of ozone which may kill bugs. could also kill the plants, though? I don;t know but definitely good between grows

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X