How to water at flush time?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to water at flush time?...

So it is flush time around these parts... and I got to wondering a couple of things...

When should one start to flush? I know there is lots of opinions on this, so what's your experience good and/or bad.

When should one stop adding sugar? (Maybe even not stopping natural sugars?)

And finally should one adjust the pH in your flushing water? (Soil, Coco or Hydro) I'm in soil FFOF and RO water around 7.5 ph. But let's hear your experience. The good and/or the bad.

I'm thankful for all you experienced growers out there sharing your experiences!

Thank you and good growing!

I'm thankful for this "growing" community and for this plant!

Romans 10:9, 10 Jesus is Lord!

Start the flush at least a week prior to harvest. For soil grows, you may want to start two weeks before harvest. You want to miss at least 2 or 3 feedings. All your plant will need is pH corrected water. If you are adding molasses, that is the only thing that can be continued with the water.

Comment

• fozzy
      fozzy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the quick reply! So pH is still important. I wondered because when I pH down I use chemical pH solution. (Not natural). I didn't know if this was bad in the finished product?

I agree^^^^ but if you have been keeping your PH at 7.5 ish i think its too high for the plants to obsorb the nutes.
    6.5 would be a lot better in the future.
    A man believes what a man desires to be true.

Comment

I agree with Gordo that 7.5 is too high. But if you have not been having an issues with your plants absorbing nutes at that level, then I guess continue with that through to the end. Next grow try keeping your ph between 6 and 6.5 and you may be surprised with a bigger harvest.

Good luck!!

Comment

simple - flush your plants with 2-3x's your container size /with water - One does this over a 2 week period - no need to concern your self with PH at this point

Comment

I've been keeping the ph around 6-6.2ish for the last half of the grow. 7.5 is what the water runs naturally. I just was wondering since your not watering the plant to uptake nutes anymore but to flush them instead, that maybe it wouldn't matter that the ph was 7.5. I pretty sure the plant will still stay hydrated. (correct me if i'm wrong)

I'm thankful for this "growing" community and for this plant!

Romans 10:9, 10 Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X