Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ericaceous/normal soil mix for pH issues in soil? Also maths logarthymic scale q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ericaceous/normal soil mix for pH issues in soil? Also maths logarthymic scale q

Has anyone used ericaceous soil mixed with regular multipurpose to grow in?

I am unhappy with my bud at the moment, the calyxes seem small and underdeveloped in most of the strains I have been growing recently. I have an entire plant that I have cured which I now consider "trim" to make hash with. I am confident about my nutes (75g fish blood bone in 25l of soil mix), my lighting (mars hydro SP3000) and my strains are from reputable breeders. I have been doing nothing to drop the pH though and I believe that normal multipurpose compost is at like 7.5 or 8, my tap water is at 7.9 and apparently I want to be at 6.5 for soil. I had a quick search on here but can't find anyone talking about mixing erricaceous soil (5.0-6.0) with my 7.5 multipurpose soil to make something closer to 6.5. I've bought "pH down" and a water pH tester to make sure I keep the pH down in the water.

So, has anyone tried using ericaceous? Any other advice? Can too high a pH give teeny tiny calyxes?

MATHS QUESTION ALERT!!! Does it matter that pH is logarhythmic because 5.0 is 100x stronger than 6.0 or whether I can do 50:50 to find the midway point still? or rather to find 6.5 (ish) because 6.5 is not midway between 5 and 6 in a linear (non logarhythic) scale.

In my organic soil I use pelleted sulfur and pelleted dolomite lime to control PH. These buffer the soil, and the plant uses them to make the PH what she wants.
    ericaceous, we are not growing blueberries.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X