can my neighbours smell it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can my neighbours smell it?

Hi there, I have ended up with my grow having two different harvest times; I will have to harvest in two stages. Due to my grow set up, I will have to remove harvested plants to a different location to dry. I am concerned about smell, obviously.

I used to dry in a stairwell that lead up to the former grow room which had the extractor fan running. Top floor. . a gentle draw of air that took the oder. If I go back to this stairwell, I will not have the benefit of the extractor fan. Am hesitant to purchase another extractor fan.

any clever dry room ideas out there?

thank you.

It's legal here and I'm far from my neighbours. Wish I have an answer for you.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

You could cook cabbage for every meal.

Barring that, have you got a spare grow tent or know someone who could lend you one that you could link to your other grow tent with a piece of vent hose? That way, the air from your drying/curing plants goes into the other tent, through the carbon filter I assume you have in that tent and then out with no smell.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

In a pinch, I've been a fan of using cardboard wardrobe boxes from the moving supply store. You can even custom cut your air holes (exhaust / intake) with ease. Anyone who has smoked pot, can usually detect it especially if you smell it. Growers noses get bud blind sometimes.

Comment

Hunters have a 2 part mix, skunk sent, mix IIRC 1 drop of each on a rag and toss it where the smell goes next door.

Comment

Don’t really know how much space you need. I’m drying in a spare bathroom cuz it’s equipped with exhaust already

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X