24/7 light for Auto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24/7 light for Auto?

So... I'm reading that Autoflowering seeds can do 24/7 light during veg. period
    What are the benefits/downside to doing this?
    Will they grow a lot bigger or faster for that matter?
    Only reason I'm thinking about 24/7 instead of 18/6 is that I think it would be easier to maintain heat and humidity if the lights were on all the time.
    Obviously come flowering time it will be 12/12.

24/0 for autoflower plant in both veg and flower, they do not require a dark period to bloom like Photoperiod plants and with the shorter life span you give them all they can handle. Some peeps run them 20/4 some run them 24/0.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
      24/0 for autoflower plant in both veg and flower, they do not require a dark period to bloom like Photoperiod plants and with the shorter life span you give them all they can handle. Some peeps run them 20/4 some run them 24/0.
      Thanks 👍
      I didn't realise that you could do it during flowering as well.
      Any downfalls to doing it?

Comment

You can do 24/0, but a 20/4 or 18/6 is better because the slight dark period gives the roots a chance to rest and recalibrate each day. More roots, more fruits!

Comment

Right, I think I'll stick to my original plan of 18/6, I can always try the 24/0 method later.
          Build experience first, experiment later 🙂

Comment

Exactly the right approach. Learn the rules first, once you understand them, break the rules to your advantage.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X