To harvest or not to harvest that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! To harvest or not to harvest that is the question

This is my second grow. Last year I harvested too soon. I don't want to do that again, but I am also very conflicted. I have read all the info on GWE and still can't decide. On one hand many of the trichomes appear to be clear and there is a fair amount of white hairs. In one picture you can see some trichomes that appear clear and some that appear to have an amber head in the same picture on the same bud. Am I going crazy? Is that dirt? This will be a large harvest and I don't want a massive haul of couch lock so it has me worried. Also the plant did sustain a fair amount of spider mite damage and I think she might be dying. The GWE site says to harvest early if leaves on the buds begin to yellow and in some cases they are. I am leaning heavily towards harvesting tomorrow. Please take a look at the photos and let me know what you think. Should I????

You could just go with the largest ripest long colas clip them and allow whats left to ripen further. Take what's ripe they look half cloudy to me. I check inside the buds also not just look at outside leaf or outside buds that got all the sun. She's a beauty looks healthy. If she was mine i'd let her go longer but do what you think she is in the harvest zone. I like the pick #6 with that old one in the backround now that's ripened
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Good lord, the trunk on that thing A common method of outdoor harvest is to take the top 2-3feet of now (if ready) and then harvest the other part of the plant a few weeks later after it has had some direct light and ripened up a bit. That plant would be a good candidate for that style of harvest.

Your trichomes look clear to milky on the buds but the leaves have some amber trichomes. Disregard the leaves and focus your attention to the trichomes on the buds, those are what you really want to look at. Maybe another week or so, you are definitely close, so keep checking the trichomes each evening.

Comment

When in doubt let em go another week.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X