Ph levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph levels

My tap water's ph level is 7.5. My grow is in organic soil (fox farms). Is this adequate or do I need to lower ph level?

does need lowering to between 6 7 but i think in organic soil it regulates itself but not 100% sure some one with more know how will probably advise u better on organic mate

Comment

I grow also in organic soil and my tap is 7.0+ so yes I try to PH around 6.3-6.5
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Proper PH is crucial. I grow in organic soil with tap water also between 7.5 and 8. Watering with a PH of 6.5+/- is essential for a healthy plant. My soil usually remains around 7-7.2.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Thanks so much.

Comment

What version of fox farm soil are you using? Ocean Forest (if that is what you're using) isn't an "organic" soil but rather an "amended" one. It should have enough nutrients for several weeks or even a few months depending on the plant and how it uses the nutrients. My interpretation of your use of "organic" and pH question makes me think of a super soil where the earth naturally brings the pH into line. I didn't see anything like that on the Fox Farm website. So the remaining question is pH. If my rambling assumptions are in line then yes...you must pH your water every time.
            TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
            EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
            AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
            IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

Unless you are growing in living soil then ph is a must. Plants wont be able to absorb some nutes if ph range is off unless you are growing in living soil as in living soil you are feeding the microbes in the soil which in turn feed the plant.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                The difference between organic and living soil.
                Good explanation 👍🏻

Thanks to all for the feedback. Any recommendations for water filters?

Comment

• buds73
                buds73 commented
                Editing a comment
                You can use a ph down solution to bring water ph down. Only one I've used is bio bizz down which is organic so can't speak for any other makes.

Thanks buds.

Comment

Like everyone said. PH is a key component to growing herbs. Do you have a ph testing device? Its a must. Not a drop of anything goes into my grow without being PHed properly. Just leads to problems.
                5x5 Gorilla tent
                Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                Technaflora nutes
                Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X