Opinions on fan+filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on fan+filter

Hi again guys, sorry for all the questions but I'm fairly determined to get this grow project right (or at least almost) the first time.
    Saw this fan kit on Amazon and curious to get a few opinions or even suggestions for something else, size wise it seems good for the tent.
    I know I could go up to 6 inch and adjustable fan speed but it is only a 2/4/6 ft tent with 2 Mars Hydro TS1000 lights.
    Tent will be in my fairly cold bedroom so heat won't be an issue to get rid off, keeping temperature up and stable will.

I’ve never used that brand. Fans are fans. Generally the only real differences in them is the amount of airflow and noise level. A good filter is really important come flower time if the smell is a issue so make sure you get a good filter so check up the reviews.

Comment

If it fits your budget I'd opt for the highest quality quality fan/filter you can afford. I say that not having any knowledge of this particular brand of fan. Considering the fan may run as much as 24/7 quality components will pay off in the long run.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I'm tempted by this one because of the temperature and humidity controller, since I don't need the carbon filter for another 4 weeks at least I could splash out a little.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          That one is very nice. You only need a 4" fan though for a 2 x 4' or 60 x 100cm tent. A 6" fan might destroy your tent.

if u doing it in bedroom check decibel levels some are loud if u got money go for a silent one there more exspensive but you get to sleep mate

Comment

What I like about the 6 inch one is that it's adjustable so I can compensate for the difference in 4 and 6 inch if needed and it will help out with controlling humidity as well, where I live the average annual humidity is 79% so this fan combined with a dehumidifier might save me a bit of work

Comment

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            Your second pick is a good choice..great fan, 6" variable should do you just fine. Make sure when you do purchase filter, it has at least the same or greater CFM rating as your fan. Bigger is better when your dealing with exhaust and filtration.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X