Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plants over fence - can I chop down part of the plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plants over fence - can I chop down part of the plant?

Hi everyone! Three of my plants are so tall and have surpassed the fence. By now everyone in the neighbourhood has seen them, but I’m worried about some random teenager coming by one night and taking her down. Is it possible to chop down part of the plant and let the rest grow or would she just get sad and take a long time to recover?

Can you bend her over and tie her down? I bend, break, and do partial harvests, as needed.

Comment

Training would be the ideal answer. In most cases, yes you can considerably chop the plant, but its only recommended while you are in the veg state. Depends on how much you chop, but usually a week recovery time.

It sounds like security is an issue to you, while you may be able to hide them from sight, once they flower they may be hard to hide from the nose. Stoners know when your nose smells that random weed smell while walking about.

Comment

• amy24
        amy24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Since one of them was topped by the thieves that came in my yard, should I just chop that one down since it’s going to take a week to recover anyways?

Awesome thanks! It seems like plants are all over our neighbourhood at this point, but you’re right, the smell is getting strong.

I was a bit worried about tying them down in the wind we’ve been having but if I do it with a bit of give it could be ok? I’ll give it a try

Comment

Well my instincts were eerily right!!! Someone came and chopped down one of my plants last night!!! A top portion snapped off on another and a branch was broken off another... so sad but could have been so much worse! We went out and tied all the plants to each other so if they did come back it would be a puzzle to get them free! They must have left in a hurry because they dropped their saw and some leftover branches were stuck in my fence. I feel so violated!!!

Comment

• Airies11
          Airies11 commented
          Editing a comment
          My heart brakes for u 🙁

That sucks! Damn thieves, Do you have cameras on them? (and where if you did you can use it against them).
        Its been some time since i got ripped off, I know who did it, and to this day every time he sees me he starts denying it again, (feel a bit guilty there do ya?)
        I now have the reputation of being a crazy long haired hippy with a big ass gun and a sharp shovel! (I know where the soft dirt is too)

Comment

wow, that is just wrong. Here is an old school trick, if they are grabbing them by the base and pulling them out, put a couple razors in the bottom, so when they grab and yank, they get a little booboo.

Comment

We are going to bring the huge ones in the ground inside cus they were developing mold anyways, but we built a jail for the remaining ones and put a camera up! I’m 99% it was my sketchy neighbours so put a sign up to make them feel guilty haha.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Good for you amy24 lazy ass thieves.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Luv the notice to the thief!

Your new protection is pretty freaking rad. Nice work, it's like, if Gilligan was growing on the island. I love it.

Comment

• amy24
              amy24 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m so lucky that my husband is handy! 😍 hahaha I love your Gillian reference!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X