MJ vs. CBD flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MJ vs. CBD flower

I’ve never researched much on CBD of any kind. Hell I had no idea you could buy CBD buds and smoke them. My B-inlaw has sent me a few small packages of some different strains and I found that I sort of like it, I don’t get stoned like from good weed but I do get some sort of buzz that I enjoy. I’ve seen a few people on here talk about growing CBD strains and I see the seeds in the seed banks. My question is, why?, most of what I was looking at (just ordered about 2oz) seemed super cheap especially compared to MJ and as we all know growing this shit ain’t cheap. I don’t think I could grow CBD weed as cheaply as I just bought it. Funny (not ha-ha funny) thing I found today, I stopped in my local head shop because I thought they sold CBD flower and the guy told me can’t sell it anymore, you can legally own it, legally smoke it, but I can’t sell it anymore because the cops have too hard a time telling it from weed.

Of all the silly ass laws, that it the silliest. Does your community sell near beer? Vape pens? You don't know if those are nicotine or THC. Your cops and law people are silly. You can tell them I said that!
    My wall, barring me from CBD products, is cost. I'd hate to spend the money for nothing.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      Brother, my state just legalized selling beer on Sunday not very long ago. I guarantee my state is one of the most backward head-up-the-ass states in the union.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I never thought Oklahoma would go legal in any form, took 2 years to get 6 point beer in the stores so it could be sold on Sunday. Now when we voted in medical weed, we put in time limits to get it done! Spread the education of what good things weed does.

In the states there are two sources of CBD flower, Hemp and Cannabis.

Hemp is federally legal but is required to test <0.3% THC. This can be sold and shipped freely. Some Hemp varieties reach upward of 20% CBD but not much of that is destined for the flower market, the real market is in cannabinoids. They can isolate out the CBD and remix that in any fashion they wish, edibles, body rubs, distillate for vape pens and smokable dabs. The FDA regulates what can go into food, so right now in certain states you aren't supposed to add CBD in drinks or food, but they do because the fine (if one was ever given) is a joke.

Cannabis produces CBD flower with >0.3THC. There are so many strains that have been worked to include CBD, just look at what Dinafem has to offer for CBD lines. The White Widow I buy at the pot shop here has 10% THC and 10% CBD, more commonly referred to as a 1:1 ratio. I'm a fan of CBD flower and the only vape pen I smoke is a 27%THC and 61% CBD. Very high dose of CBD, higher than any flower will get you.

Your body has both CB1 and CB2 receptors. These are located in different areas of the body and both THC and CBD interacts with them differently, so having some CBD in your life can enhance the "whole plant or entourage' experience. CBD research spending in the medical industry would blow your mind. GW Pharmaceuticals is an easy example. BTW, CBD was so 2010, it's all about CBG now. lol

That shit you were seeing for so cheap is probably shit as hemp with no real tests done on it to confirm cannabinoids. It's like all the hemp paste from china, loaded with CBD, super cheap, but dude, don't trust it. Hemp / Cannabis are known as great bio remediators, which means they pull toxic stuff and heavy metals from the soil and this remains in the plant tissues. So knowing your source of Hemp or Hemp based CBD is super important.

Comment

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      hahaha, bubba had some dirty stuff I bet, but I'm still standing... but prefer my own, clean kind these days. I'd still be skeptical of that Florida group, what is their sources the question I'd ask.

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope to have some of my own nice clean kick ass weed in a while but I’m looking at probably 6-7 weeks to cut another week to dry and at least two weeks to a month for cure so I figure 3 months till I have my own and the only thing on the street here is shit and I live in constant pain so I’ll take the cheap CBD until my ship comes in.

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      If it is effective for you, that is what matters. Sounds like it does the trick, I'd do the same thing too.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X