“Easing” in Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Easing” in Lighting

I’m adding a 1500W (250W actual) COB LED to my set up tonight that already includes 2x100W QB lamps. I’m in mid/late flower so are these ladies robust enough to take all that light at once or should I slowly introduce this light over time? Definitely don’t want to piss these girls off this late in the game but if they can take it I know they would benefit from the additional light. Any thoughts on this? Initial thought was to have it turn on for 4 hours in the middle of lights on cycle and increase the time by 1/2 hours every few days but if I can just go full blast that would be preferred. If anyone has any advice they’d like to share I would greatly appreciate it!

It is always a good practice to introduce something new slowly. If it has a dimmer start low the whole light cycle and increase it to full power, if it dosent put the light as high as you can and drop it each day a little until you hit the recommended height.

Adding it at full power shouldn't be a issue but better safe than sorry and Iv seen peeps add a light then have problems being too close and whatnot.

I don't know how big your space is? And Pictures always help with a more definitive answer.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

just a 4x2x5. Plants didn’t stretch at flower so I have plenty of space right now. These are the best pictures that I have that shows overall space and isn’t quite focused on the plants.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think the "as high as you can" route.
        No dimming?
        Any spec on the COB? Ppfd? Recommend height?

908 PPFD at 12”, ~600 @ 18” no dimming. the QBs can be dimmed but they have Meanwell drivers that have to be taken off to dim (kind of a headache so I just set them to draw 100W each)

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think that 22" would be a good starting point if you can, you could go a little higher but if the number are correct I don't see a problem with dropping the light down over a week with it running 12/12. It should be mentioned that you may find 14" is your stopping point.

thanks for the advice!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X