Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow fan leaves in extended veg--is this "normal"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow fan leaves in extended veg--is this "normal"?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200924_193726.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	452605

This old girl has been vegging far longer than I'd like (since April in a windowsill). She's started flowering due to the light change, but it hasn't gotten to 12/12 naturally yet. I'll be able to set my tent and light up in Nov. I'm supplementing my soil (CoM Stonington that's mostly depleted by now) with a liquid squid amendment 1x/week--I give that on Saturdays. I was away last week so she didn't get the squid over the weekend, just normal distilled water. This yellowing started on Tuesday; I got home last night and gave her the squid mixture today (based on when this started happening I believe not getting the amendment caused this issue). Can she be saved? This was a quick photo; I can get a fuller pic of the plant later.

I know this unorthodox setup probably hurt my yields/potency...poor planning all round. At least she's made it through the summer which we didn't think was gonna happen.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

That plant is flowering, not in veg, they dont need 12/12 to flower 14/10 will do fine on many. The soil is likely depleted and she is eating the leaves. If she was fine before, feed her! The yellow leaves will die and fall off.

Comment

I'm gonna agree with Rwise here. It's in flower and the soil is likely depleted of nitrogen or another essential nutrient. What ratio of NPK is in the food you are feeding it?

More light would be helpful, it's in the stage where it is either going to put on bulk or it will just slowly inch it's way towards ripeness.

Comment

It sounds like you might get your tent set up just in time to chop her down and hang her in it.. If you want much yield you need to feed her and give her some light.

Comment

Try adding some molasses to your mixture. The yellowing may be due to the plant scavenging sugar from the fan leaves. Older fan leaves tend to dry up and fall off after the plant is in bloom for a couple of weeks due to this scavenging.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X