Clear All

COCO COIR Newbie concerns

Feedback welcome (&needed)

First grow.
    Northern lights auto (sensi seed)

Coco and perlite - 3 gallon fabric pot

Advanced nutrients

150w UFO - spacebucket

Am at day 30 from seed, started LST 3 days ago by pinning down highest point vertically. I did overfeed during week 1 and most likely stunted it. Am curious about the size it's at in comparison to others I see on here at day 30.

Does it look small?

When should it start stretching high?

Any other noticeable defects or concerns, please let me know!

I don't think it looks small how tall is it? Raising the light may help it stretch? Good color to leaf, maybe just a couple of those large fan leaf take them off open up the bud site to the light. Lot's of folks grow that strain here i've not done a straight NL auto just one mixed with another strain. When they start to show flower/pre flower you'll see lighter yellow in the bud site i see the stretch then. She's gotta be getting stiff now soon she should flower if not may need to go 12/12 till she does then back to 18/6.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Coco is a bit interesting to get right with the feeding at first, since it has no nutrients in there to start out. Plants growth will be determined by genetics, lights, feeding and environment. Your plant is on the shorter side for 30 days but by no means does it look like a runt. Great strain and I've always been a fan of Sensi Seeds. Like has been mentioned, the color looks good, but you will need to remove a few of the larger fan leaves to create better airflow through the canopy as well as opening more pathways for light to reach the lower branches. Stretch doesn't commonly occur until you put it into flower by changing the light schedule to 12 /12.

Comment

Folks thanks so much for the feedback, I was concerned about the fan leafs and I will most certainly remove one or two now, I had them tucked under for a few days but it was nearly just damaging other leafs. Light was raised 7 days ago so most certainly noted. Its standing 4 and half inches tall.

Comment

Trimmed

Comment

Now we hope she goes into flower soon being an auto. I'd just leave her be now and watch her. How far is she from the light?

indoor/outdoor grower
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Larrybird420
              Larrybird420 commented
              Editing a comment
              2 and half foot away at the moment... Its in between week 4 and 6 now it will start to flower I believe???

Looking forward to seeing more of this grow as my first will be Northern Lights Auto as well and same size pots.
            Ok mine are Northern Lights x Big Buds but there's bound to be a few similarities.

Comment

• Larrybird420
              Larrybird420 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll keep an update on this, are you coco or soil?

I mix my own potting soil, i use coco coir as the primary medium. Yes she should flower soon might be late do to early burps but she will go into flower soon. Keep temps and air flow steady as possible. I don't use all coco it's a blend i make cause i dig mixing my own for indoor and different for outdoor.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Just a little update : currently 10 inches high (LST was apllied) it's week 2 pre flower (not sure it can be considered in flower yet?). Just trimmed again today, that's about 20 fan leafs this week. Certainly stunted from the first 2 weeks of overwatering but it seems really healthy. Growing about an inch every 2 to 3 days. Thanks all for your help again.
              Last edited by Larrybird420; 10-15-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X