First time grower and worried about drying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower and worried about drying

Hey folks, first time grower and its getting close to harvest here in Michigan (outdoor). When it comes to drying I do not have a climate controlled environment, I will have to use a shed. I thought about covering the inside with plastic and adding a dehumidifier but again no way to control the temperature and in Michigan in October it can go from 75° to freezing in the blink of an eye. Is this going to cause me to have problems? Open to all suggestions. TIA

Welcome aboard Jbone7678 - considering you only have to use that shed for a bit of a week I would only be worried if your temperature goes below freezing. Line it with plastic if you want - I would try and put a small fan in that shed - don't blow it on the buds but just to move the air.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Jbone7678
      Jbone7678 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much

Hello! I posted recently re my use of banker boxes as a cheap and convenient way to hang and dry your buds. Check out "Anyone for Growing Trees? Summer 2020". If you have someplace inside the house to stack boxes it might work for you. Maybe still use the lined shed, the boxes might add an extra buffer to the cold? Good luck out there!
    Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

I made some cylinders out of window screen materials and tape. I cut off and trim my buds at harvest and usually lay them out to dry but if the circumstances warrant, I will put them into the cylinders and hang and rotate those. Takes up very little space.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I've opted away from the hang and dry method recently because of radically fluctuating RH here. I went back to my old school method of laying branches down and drying in an open cardboard box in a dark room. Just jarred up the first plant for cure this morning. I couldn't have asked for better results. I turned them 3 times a day in a room with air movement but not on the branches themselves. Only 4 days and it was ready for cure.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	jarred.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	452515

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X